Guest Old Wolf

Guest Old Wolf

Hi, I am new to this forum & am looking for some help with the A/C on my 1993 Olds. When I got the vehicle the freon had all leaked out so I am trying to recharge it. I bought a conversion kit to R134a and have been able to get the compressor to run by snipping the wires to the compressor clutch & direct wiring it from the battery so that now it has a full charge. However, when I put it back on its own electrical wiring. the compressor won't kick in and run. I've run down the codes on the ALDL and the only error I got was 23 = MAT/IAT, which I've confirmed is faulty. I was able to clear that code by bypassing the IAT with a paperclip (!) and now there are no error codes, so I'm thinking it's not the ECM. So...I'm trying to figure out who the other suspects might be. Any ideas? I found the high pressure sensor but I'm not sure how to bypass/check that. I'm not sure if there is a sensor on the low pressure side, or what other components I should be checking.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much for taking time to read & respond!