'66 Chevy Impala 2 Door Coupe

Guest sweettpeapod

Guest sweettpeapod

***CAR HAS BEEN SOLD***

I got this 66 Impala in a trade last year with every intention of keeping it and restoring it but due to other projects and life obstacles it has forced me to part with it unfortunately. I don't know the real/actual miles, I know the engine(I know very little about the replacement engine) is not original so it's not a numbers matching car. The trans on the other hand I haven't checked due to the lack of time. The car is what it is as seen in the pics and would say its in fair condition for its age. But I will say the car does start, runs and drives great. I drove it all the way home from Lapeer to Livonia on the expressway without an issue. This car would make for an awesome restoration project for someone or just fix up some things that need attention to make it a driver as it sits. The engine and trans both leak and would need resealing if you plan to drive it as is. The car is on its second coat of paint and is cracking, chipping and flaking in certain areas. As far as rust, the lower rear quarters have rust issues along with the floor pans, rear valance where the deck lid meets the lower portion of the rear roof pillars, and also has some bubbling underneath the vinyl top. It has a dent on the driver side of the deck lid near the tail lamp. The factory drums brakes have recently been redone and stops as good as it can for 4 wheel drum. The steering seems relatively tight but could use a new serp belt as I believe it has stretched and slips on the PS pump which can cause an intermittent hard steer on occasion. Which only happens at slower speeds. The interior is in really good shape except for the front and rear dash pads which are warped and discolored. Car was a southern car for most if its life so the rust that is there is nothing crazy and is fully repairable. I have title in hand but will say I don't HAVE to sell this car so please don't offer me some low ball insulting offer. If it doesn't sell by winter, Ill all cover it and wait for the right buyer. Im asking $5000 Firm, I wont take any less so please dont waste my time.

post-99282-143142592427_thumb.jpeg

post-99282-143142592429_thumb.jpeg

post-99282-14314259243_thumb.jpeg

post-99282-143142592436_thumb.jpeg

post-99282-143142592441_thumb.jpeg

post-99282-143142592446_thumb.jpeg

post-99282-143142592452_thumb.jpg

post-99282-143142592476_thumb.jpg

Edited by sweettpeapod (see edit history)

Guest sweettpeapod

Thanks, I'm looking to move it fast. Like i said in my original post, if i had the time I'd be keeping it for restoration. Definitely a solid project car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...