Interchangable clutch parts on STD-6

hidden_hunter

Hi guys, I'm wondering what the level of interchangeability is between the clutches and transmissions is between the 1926 and 1927 standard six. I know that the 25 and 26 are different but what about the 27?

There's a 27 clutch up for sale on ebay about 100km away that's pick up only

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1927-Standard-Buick-clutch-assembly-/291177459043?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cb876d63

It looks like its been sitting in a field for a while, would it be suitable and getting refinished? or is it to far gone and I should just get mine repaired.

Pull your clutch apart and see what it looks like. It doesn,t hurt to have a spare clutch and gear box. That clutch has five lined plates, see how many yours has. I thought 26 and 27 standards were the same.

yeah I have seen that from time to time that parts are mislabeled between the two

Guest morerevsm3

the gearboxes are different from '26 to '27, clutch is interchangeable though, agree with having spares available, I have brand new linings for my '27 that I hope I never need, but they are there if I do

Guest morerevsm3

yes, but getting harder to find, my father got my car in 1969, and took 7 years to restore it, finding vintage cars in paddocks wasn't too difficult then, you just don't see many now, so it is a matter of finding someone having one in a farm shed or something

Guest morerevsm3

you don't want to pick up the water pump for me and post it? happy to pay for your trouble

you don't want to pick up the water pump for me and post it? happy to pay for your trouble

Sure, don't mind doing that as long as you've already paid for the item. I assume given that you've already bought it you're happy with the condition etc, I don't really feel comfortable doing any more assessment of that looks like a water pump. So just to protect myself, if it's not as described or doesn't work don't blame me.

It's a fairly heavy and awkward item, so you might want to get a auspost quote first to check you still want me to grab it while I'm there.