Demountable Rims for 21" Chevrolet Disc Wheels

Guest Northerntraveller

Guest Northerntraveller

I am looking for four demountable rims (or however many you might have) to fit 21" Chevrolet wheels. I already have the clamps for the rims.

Thank you.

- Tom

Guest art s
I am looking for four demountable rims (or however many you might have) to fit 21" Chevrolet wheels. I already have the clamps for the rims.

Thank you.

- Tom

Hello Tom, There were two different widths for the 21" Chevrolet wheels. 1927 and earlier used 2-1/2" rims and 1928 used 3" rims. They will not interchange due to the width. The rims (depending on width) will fit either the disc or the wood wheels. You should measure your wheels to determine which you need and get back to this site. The 1928 rims are getting harder to find since that is the ones everyone wants. I may have a few of whichever width you have to get you started. I am really busy with our business right now so be patient. Art

Edited by art s
Missed something (see edit history)

Guest Northerntraveller
Hello Tom, There were two different widths for the 21" Chevrolet wheels. 1927 and earlier used 2-1/2" rims and 1928 used 3" rims. They will not interchange due to the width. The rims (depending on width) will fit either the disc or the wood wheels. You should measure your wheels to determine which you need and get back to this site. The 1928 rims are getting harder to find since that is the ones everyone wants. I may have a few of whichever width you have to get you started. I am really busy with our business right now so be patient. Art

Thank you, Art. These are disc wheels and they are 2-1/2" wide, measured across from the outer edge to the outer edge. Please let me know if you have any to sell. I am looking for two of them.

- Tom

Guest Northerntraveller

Art, I managed to come up with three good rims but am having trouble with the fourth and last rim. Please let me know if you have one available when you have a moment. My son is trying to get this car in a show next month so any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Tom

Guest Northerntraveller

Thanks, Layden. Once again you've come to my aid. I appreciate your help and your suggestion.

- Tom

Guest art s

Hello Tom, I am sure I have at least one. I am in Vancouver WA just North of Portland OR shipping might be steep. Let me check with a fellow who is closer to you. I have picked up some 28 Chev parts from him over the past year or so. He is in Commerce Township MI. I will try to e-mail him before I sign off.

Guest Northerntraveller
Hello Tom, I am sure I have at least one. I am in Vancouver WA just North of Portland OR shipping might be steep. Let me check with a fellow who is closer to you. I have picked up some 28 Chev parts from him over the past year or so. He is in Commerce Township MI. I will try to e-mail him before I sign off.

Thanks, Art. Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

- Tom

Guest art s
Thanks, Art. Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

- Tom

Hello Tom, The fellow in Michigan says he thinks he has one. He went to the region 7a & 7b meet in Ohio, be back on Sunday night. He asked that I send your info to him and he will look when they get back. Send me a PM and I will forward your e-mail address on to him. We are going out of town this weekend as well to the beach, be back Sunday night. Thanks - Art

PS you might want to look at that new posting above about the 27 Chev. Many parts on it look to be 28. If it was closer I would be interested but Minnesota is just a little too far for us here on the West coast.

Guest Northerntraveller
Try "The Filling Station", They had some listed recently. I think the address is "thefillingstation.com" All Chevrolet and GM parts.

Cheers.

Thank you for the suggestion.

- Tom