WANTED T3A Warner gearbox or internals for my 147

147 Franklin Airman

I am in need of parts or a complete working 3 speed gearbox for my 1930 147. The box is a Warner T3A-1.

I will also consider a complete 4 speed if any are available.

The box or parts will need to be shipped to the UK although my son is in San Francisco until Thursday this week, but not sure if it would fit in his hand luggage. :)

This is the one that has the shifter coming out of the bell housing? (The slanted part of the floorboard...) Or is this the one where the shifter comes out of the body of the transmission? (The flat part of the floorboard...)

I have some of either. Are you in need of specific pieces? It would be MUCH CHEAPER to ship just the pieces you need. What about the bell housing? If all you need is the body of the transmission, it is much smaller.

Call my dad Lee Webb at 661-599-1670... I doubt we could get anything to San Francisco by Thursday, but he might be able to if you catch him soon.

Hi Rob

Thank you for your reply.

My shifter comes out the sloping part of the floor board. The shifter rod ends are exposed.

The parts I need are:

R-4700 Eccentric Gear

R-4702 Transmission intermediate drive gear

R-4680 High and intermediate clutch shaft gear assembly

R-4682 Sliding gear shaft with bushing

I did email your Dad Lee yesterday but no reply yet. I will try call him.

Many Thanks

Sorry, I've never taken a T3A apart. Did the other two screws come out, but that one is stuck? Maybe someone else on the board knows something I don't know.....

I probably won't be to our shop until August... (It is VERY HOT where we work in July) I'll let you know when I try to get the parts you need out of one of our extra T3As if I find anything special about that particular part.

It is possible that you just need to soak that particular piece in solvent because the screw is in there really tight or something got caught in the threads. The last resort would probably be to heat it up, but talk to a professional like Tom or Paul before you do that to make sure the heat won't damage the part.

I remember Neal Kissel having to heat a brake drum up until the hub was red hot to get it off an old rusty series 14 axel once... 80+ years of grease burning is a smell you'll never forget!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...