Dodge hood ornament

Guest oldhouseguy

Guest oldhouseguy

I have an antique Elgin bicycle (1936-38) with a Dodge hood ornament on the fender. I have not seen this exact hood ornament and was wondering what year and car it came from.

thanks!

post-101526-14314258486_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest oldhouseguy
I have a similar mascot. It was given to me because someone thought it was from a Dodge, but as noted above, it is a goat. If you learn more about it, I would be interested in your findings.

Regards

Michael

I just heard back from Gilmore Museum. They only said it was aftermarket and could be used on any car or truck. Nothing else.

I just heard back from Gilmore Museum. They only said it was aftermarket and could be used on any car or truck. Nothing else.

That is really all that can be said about it. Not from a car manufacturer, but an aftermarket piece to dress up any car or truck.

• 4 weeks later...

I like permission to post the picture on my Face book page Hood ornaments.

With PhotoShop I will print your name and the copyright sign on it

Regards

Ton Smilde

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lyford Hale

This one came off a 36-37 or 38 Dodge my Dad owned in the 1940's. Thanks to this forum, I finally known why I couldn't match it up with any photos of cars from those years.

post-102907-143142709325_thumb.jpg

post-102907-143142709329_thumb.jpg

Guest Lyford Hale

Yep, Dad had this guy on the hood of our old Green Dragon Dodge in the late 1940's and early 1950's. A friend just made me a really nice wood base to mount it on, so it can sit on my desk. This answers two issues at once: (1) How to display this family momento and (2) as an answer to friends who keep telling us we need goats in our pasture. I'll tell them I already have one, but it's a house pet.