1956 Buick Special Riviera 2 Door Hardtop

Guest CharlieH

Guest CharlieH

This 1956 Buick Special Riviera 2 Dr Hardtop is a “survivor” car that I have owned since 1977. The odometer currently reads 47,xxx miles but I cannot verify it’s accuracy. I can however verify that when I purchased the car in 1977, the odometer showed 42,xxx miles. Car is basically all original. It has a 322 CI V8 and a Dynaflow transmission which was recently rebuilt. Everything works. Interior is in excellent condition except for a small tear in the headliner and some discoloration of the door panels.

Price: $9,500

Contact: Charles @ (314)837-2731 or by PM or e-mail through the Forum

th_Buick01.jpg th_Buick02.jpg

th_Buick03.jpg th_Buick04.jpg

th_Buick05.jpg th_Buick06.jpg

th_Buick07.jpg th_Buick08.jpg

th_Buick09.jpg th_Buick10.jpg

th_Buick11.jpg

Guest CharlieH
Did that have a license plate SHRBERT at the St Louis National meet? Either way your car is spectacular and reasonably priced, even before the Dynaflow rebuild.

No it must have been a different car - mine has never been in any type of show.

Guest CharlieH
hello there

Is the car still for sale?

Yes but I will be unavailable for a few days due to the 4th weekend.

Guest CharlieH

If you are the person who left a message on my answering machine at about 9:15 PM CDT on 7/12, I'm afraid I could not understand your message and therefore cannot respond. Perhaps you would like to leave a message via a Personal Message or an e-mail. You can do either by clicking on "CharlieH" in the upper left hand corner of this post.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CharlieH

To the fellow from Austrailia who phoned this morning: I have resent the pictures of the engine compartment you requested to the email address you originally provided in a Personal Message.

Can't believe this sweet lil Special is still available. Could you add some pictures of the engine bay and the trunk. Those are really the two first places I check out when looking at an original condition car.

My thoughts exactly Lamar!!

There are some rough cars out there at crazy prices and this isn't one of those.............

Very nice car at a very reasonable price.

My thoughts exactly Lamar!!

There are some rough cars out there at crazy prices and this isn't one of those.............

Very nice car at a very reasonable price.

I CANNOT BELIEVE ITS STILL AVAILABLE AT THAT PRICE !!!!!!!!:confused::confused: I SHOULD HAVE HAD IT PICKED UP WITH MY 57 AND SHIPPED THEM BOTH TO AUST!!!!

Can't believe this sweet lil Special is still available. Could you add some pictures of the engine bay and the trunk. Those are really the two first places I check out when looking at an original condition car.

Lamar.....Google shows this car is only a casual 570 miles from you........get yourself over there and grab it......then I will have a car I can borrow when I get over there to one of the next Nationals......

Seriously.....someone on this forum should be checking this car out....if it's not hiding any rust issues it would be a great buy.

Guest AaronK

Hello Charlie,

You wrote me an email today but I can't respond because you have restricted incoming mail to specific users. Could you put me on that list or provide me with a phone number that I can contact you on?

Best,

Aaron

• 4 months later...
Guest CharlieH

Yes, the car sold a couple of months ago. It sold to a outfit in Florida for $9,500. The fellow who picked it up said it would guess the car would eventually end up in Cuba.

Jake, who has ever gotten into "trouble" for posi-editoralizin here??? ;-) Tha's why I dug it back up, it has been on my mind ever since it was first advertised. Was so hoping it would end up with one of us here. Just like the '54 up in NH, I think it is a candidate for serious consideration by "someone". In fact if I was a young man and sittin on $8,000 "seed" money, I'd be done offered at least that for it. But I know...you're holding out for a Roadmaster.... :-)

Guest KeithElwell

CharlieH posted a couple of days ago that the car sold. Is that not true? I too would have loved to own that car and drooled over the post several times.

I guess one would have to read the Ebay feedback as a seller and look at the showrooms on a satellite map to get the best idea of what is going on.

hokey

The Cuba story sounds a little hokey, but I wondered if they made return trips.

post-46237-143142898516_thumb.jpg

Bernie

hmm...I am doing some more comparison shots...

The odometer and lens are different, as the trunk looks a bit different, too. The one in Charlie's ad looks better than the one in the ebay ad.

The eBay ad shows the VIN of 4C6039645

Maybe I jumped the gun on this one. The coincidence was almost too big to assume otherwise, though.

hmm...I am doing some more comparison shots...

The odometer and lens are different, as the trunk looks a bit different, too. The one in Charlie's ad looks better than the one in the ebay ad.

The eBay ad shows the VIN of 4C6039645

Maybe I jumped the gun on this one. The coincidence was almost too big to assume otherwise, though.

it fooled me

It doesn't have power steering, so that kills it for me. I restored an identical car several years ago (except for the color). I'd wanted a '56 since they were new, but I didn't like the way the car drove, so I sent it on down the highway. Maybe a different car would drive better.