What are the colors on this Franklin??

wrmyers35

[ATTACH=CONFIG]255377[/ATTACH]

I would like to paint my 1932 Franklin Airman 163 with colors very similar to this car, but I don't know the colors.

Does anyone know the owner of this car, or can anyone provide me with the colors and codes for these colors?

Bill Myers

wrmyers35@att.net

ASK THE OWNER?

Bob Kern bought it (from Arnie?) and harvested parts for his 1931, also from Arnie. Bob then decided to restore the 1932 and subsequently sold it. Photo was taken during Bob's ownership, I think.

Bill - I am trying to reach Bob's restorer re colors used- no luck so far

tom

Changing the subject slightly.... Is this the '32 that was in "The Cider House Rules"? I think that was filmed in New England around 1998, which would make sense if Arnie owned it at that time, but not if Bob owned it by then. I've always wondered who owned that car and how they got it in the movie.

I agree that the car Arnie always brings to the Trek is the '31 pictured. However, Tom indicated that Arnie might have owned the '32 in unrestored condition before selling it to Bob. The car in the movie looked a little worn, but similar to the '32 that started the thread, so I was wondering if it is the one. It would make sense if Arnie had it in running but unrestored condition before selling it to Bob, who restored it. I'll ask Arnie or Sue at the Trek and report back. Probably a wild goose chase!

• 2 weeks later...

Based on color chips e-mailed to me by Paul Fitz I've concluded that the colors on the car are Franklin Spring - 1931 colors.

The main body appears to be Woodbark Buff; Fenders & top appears to be Neenah Gray and the darker color around the windows appears to be Clairvorne Beige.

My body shop owner is trying to get examples from Jim Wells at TCGlobal - jimwells@tcpglobal.com.