1949 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette

Guest RobKirk71

Guest RobKirk71

I'm looking to purchase a 1949 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette as a retirement project. Not looking for the perfect vehicle but want something that isn't so far gone you can't tell what it was either. Thank you for any leads or direct contact.

Ask and you shall receive:

My finder's fee is a 6 pack of my favorite beverage.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4543849792.html

00n0n_dUqyw2hoh3G_600x450.jpg

1949 Buick Roadmaster 2 dr Sedan Slant Back with good title. Motor is a 322 cu. inch straight eight and the motor is completely rebuilt. Will sell motor separately. Prefer phone calls instead of emails. Call David after 4 p.m.

319-836-2291

$4200 WITH A COMPLETELY REBUILT MOTOR!! - I'll be surprised if that hasn't been snapped up already.

• 2 months later...
Guest RobKirk71

50jetback,

My neighbor actually bought the car from Demoines. I have found one in New York which I will pick up while attending the Hershey Fall Meet. Now I just need to figure out what all the numbers mean to finish it out.

Thanks

Rob

50jetback,

My neighbor actually bought the car from Demoines. I have found one in New York which I will pick up while attending the Hershey Fall Meet. Now I just need to figure out what all the numbers mean to finish it out.

Thanks

Rob

Rob, well done - both you and your neighbour have purchased highly desirable models.

Post the ID plate info on both cars and the wealth of knowledge on this site will provide you with detail of trim and colour just the way it left the factory.

Good luck with the restorations and don't forget to update us on the site, and we really like photos!

• 1 month later...
Guest RobKirk71

Well I got mine home. I have already gotten a deal on new tires. Now I just hope the gas tank sealer takes care of the rust issue.

post-101397-143142791125_thumb.jpg

I almost forgot the data plate for my car. Any help better understanding this will be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]276658[/ATTACH]

Wow, absolute stunning car, congratulations on you purchase.

Style 49-4707 - Fisher body style Roadmaster Sedanet

Trim No 49 - 02 Grey striped broadcloth with black leather

Paint No 49 - 71 Bahama Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

Gorgeous car! I'm a fan of the 49 Sedanettes and have a Super. The Roadmaster is 4" longer to accommodate the longer engine and you can see the difference looking at my car below (that's one of my sons absorbing some of the car's "cool") . Paint code is Bahama Blue, BF 51 - 51st body assembled in, I believe, Flint. If the serial number starts with "1", the car was assembled in Flint, MI - the serial number is stamped into small zinc plates, one mounted next to the data plate and the second inside the driver "A" pillar.

post-82939-143142808372_thumb.jpg