'30 Hupp Model S brake shoe springs in need.

Guest dbDave

Guest dbDave

Hello Huppsters and related old car enthusiast .

I'm trying to get our tired '30 Hupp S sedan off the jacks after inspecting brakes for issues. Each wheel had 2 broken springs covering the 4 different springs used,

So we need to match replacements for all the springs . I found a source and perfect match for the large longest main return spring from Myers Early Dodge parts. Still looking for the 2 short small and difference size lower shoe springs and the upper extra tension spring for the solid non flexible side of the shoe band that rides partly behind the main return spring.

Some one must have gone through this? So anyone record off what and where they found suitable matches....I haven't found any place that offers a listing of specs for various and countless sizes of brake springs. You'd think in this day and some place would? All the old time garages in my area are gone and no new shops seem to save old springs that one can rummage through and auto parts don' t let you run loose in back any more to paw through the inventory (those were the days)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, David in Ct.

1930 Hupp S sedan