Anyone going to the Lincoln Nebraska

Guest Shoe1932

Guest Shoe1932

Howdy

We are heading to the Central Spring Meet in Lincoln, NE this coming week. Will anyone else be joining us. We will not be bringing our 32-67 this time. We are bringing our '38 Plymouth. Going for the repeat HPOF -Original badge. Should be fun. We are bringing our 8 year old and our 5 year with us. 11 hours of fun in the car!! The Plymouth is my 8 yr. olds car so he is excited. My 5 year old is bummed he cant bring his Buick. (Maybe next time).

I am hopeful that I might see some of the cars in everyone's Avatars in person. We shouldn't be too hard to spot.....We will be the stressed out parents with 2 young boys running around. Don't worry, they know the rules about hands behind the back and no touching. I will make sure to leave their lacrosse sticks at home.

We are bringing our 1920 Buick K-46. With less than 5,000 actual miles on it we are going for first time HPOF Certification. I am a Life Member in the AACA with 43+ years of membership. Am looking forward to visiting with other Buick folks while we are there.post-56463-143142579385_thumb.jpg

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

post-56463-143142579375_thumb.jpg

post-56463-143142579375_thumb.jpg

post-56463-143142579385_thumb.jpg

Guest Shoe1932

Jake

Thanks for the Haymarket info. My wife (especially) thanks you for providing us with somewhere to go window shopping and some good places to eat. I will take lots of photos and will be doing an article for our club publication. I will be sure to upload quite a few here as well. Too bad we will miss each other. Maybe the next one.

Terry. I am looking forward to seeing your Buick! We will hang out in the HPOF section for a while. Wish I was bringing our '32-67. Would be nice to park them next to each other. Two years ago I was parked next to Marty Roth and his wife at the Canyon Texas Meet. I thought his '37 Phaeton had low mileage (11,000+). I am anxious to see yours. Should be a hit with the judges. We are taking our '39 Plymouth which got its HPOF certification at Hershey in 1997 which (I believe) was the first year for HPOF. In 2012 it got its HPOF - Original certification which also was the first year that was offered. I am hopeful there will be a good turnout for the meet. Wish me luck on our trip. I have a feeling that I will hear "are we there yet" a lot. (more from my wife than the kids.)

John, we were at the AACA meet in Canyon, Texas also. We were going to bring the '20 down then. However, an electrical wiring issue prevented my being able to even start the engine. I found out later that I had broken the one coil wire going into the back of the coil by bumping it too hard. The old linen covered wire tends to dry out after 90+ years. Got that fixed and back on the road as they say. I had the chance to Meet Marty Roth, Lars Anderson, and Herb Oakes at the meet and we had a wonderful time even though we could not bring the car down that trip. We will definitely get together and talk Buick while we are there.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

We are in Lincoln now and looking forward to the events of these next three days -

and to renewing friendships

See y'all here in Lincoln

Guest Shoe1932

Marty

We will be up mid day on Friday. Stopping in Kansas to see some good friends and spend the night then we can have a fresh day on friday. Otherwise our two little one would be a terror Friday and Saturday. Look forward to seeing everyone and your cars.

I'll be at the Judges Team Captain School on Friday from 1:00 - 2:30,

and at the Membership Roundtable from 2:30 - 3:00 - this is in the Lincoln Room

There is a presentation at 3:00 in the Lighthouse Room on Historic Highways and Early Transcontinental Travel

and then at 5:30 the Picnic/Social at Pioneers Park

6:30 - 9:00 Cruise Night at Culvers Restaurant, 4940 N 27t St

The picnic at Myron & Barb Smith's farm was a feast for the Chevy fanatics - well beyond reasonable description

a big thank-you to our hosts

the food was great, and the cars were amazing

Shoe1932:

John,

It was great meeting you all at Lincoln. and look forward to visiting with y'all again soon,

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Shoe,

It was nice sharing the table on Saturday night with your family, your boys were very well behaved.

I was not able to bring my 39 Buick Limited as I had planned, no luck getting her started.

Hope you had a great trip home and maybe see you at a meet again in the future.

Next year the Central meet is in KC, which should be a little closer for you, and not unreasonably far for me to travel.

Take good care!