1930 body parts

Guest blowry52

Guest blowry52

Full Set of Fenders, front and Rear

Running Boards

Engine Cowl

Frame Trim

Not entirely sure but images should talk for me.

I have the entire car was planning on building a Hot Rod, but could be persuaded.

willing to part out or sell entire car and parts.

I have a lot more images. and more parts.

bl

post-101435-143142578726_thumb.jpg

post-101435-14314257873_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142578732_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142578736_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142578726_thumb.jpg

post-101435-14314257873_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142578732_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142578736_thumb.jpg

Guest blowry52
No mention of make and model, but I would guess having the pennant louvre hood it is a Chrysler 70 or 77?

Wayne Smith

I apologize, not big on Chrysler.

After doing so more research on Google. the only hood design shows up as a 1929-30. 70-77

After reading I can look at the interior it's pretty well preserved, will look for door pockets one distinguishing point.

Also it has the large bowl headlights.

Again sorry for not knowing. new to Chrysler.

Blowry,

you mentioned you have the "entire car". Does that included the rear axle, brake assemblies, wiring harness, engine, trans, spoke rims and hubcaps, bumpers etc... ?

More than likely it's the 1929 70 with dual tire mounts.

post-69994-143142581073_thumb.jpg

Guest blowry52

[TABLE=width: 243]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]

part out[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rear Fenders[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right]200[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Front Fenders[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Radiator[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right]100[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Runing Boards[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Misc Sheet metal[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]fuel tank w/cover[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right]350[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]engine cowl[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]1000 OBO[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]total[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right]1250[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Carr with all parts[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right]5500[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

So here is a starting point.

no wiring harness.

Front end is depicted.

Rear end I will get an image, does not look original to me.

post-101435-143142581098_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142581099_thumb.jpg

Guest blowry52

rear axle, there will get image, do not know if original

brake assemblies, will look on rear end, front only one

wiring harness, will look inside car, but probably not

engine, NO

trans, NO

spoke rims and hubcaps, There are some wheels but no clear on being original, will get image

bumpers NO

Thanks for the info.

You don't mention door handles, seats, window regulators, dash etc. (complete car, but no motor or trans ?)

What is the total of 1250 representative of ?

Couldn't go 5500 on this piece in this condition.

Title?

Guest blowry52

I will take photos of the interior, as I recall it's pretty complete.

you are correct no engine and trans, sorry for the inference of complete. How about property complete.

the 1250 was a sub total of parts, again sorry. New to this.

I do not have the title bill of sale only, I will also research the vin or registration numbers that would help with the identify of this vehicle.

the 5500 was a start point. Let's negotiate.

what would be thinking for this vehicle, perhaps after I get more information. I will get more imagery and data.

again I apologize this is my first time. With this vehicle potential. Like I said in the beginning I intend to hot rod the body if someone doesn't pick it up for restoration.

bl

Guest blowry52

post-101435-143142582499_thumb.jpg

OK it has all the windows except passenger door, but regulators is present, handles inside and out and, cranks, other misc parts, rear end with two spoke wheels other front drum,seats, so lets say 5500 OBO.

post-101435-143142582482_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142582487_thumb.jpg

post-101435-14314258249_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142582492_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142582495_thumb.jpg

post-101435-143142582497_thumb.jpg

Guest blowry52

I like the interest. This was a car that had been sitting on a trailer in pieces for the last 40 years, High desert, so the damage is not as extreme.

I picked it up for the body, wanting to make a RAT myself. I just figured I would give a chance to someone out there who might want the other parts for a resto vehicle.

I apologize again for not know what parts are mismatched, I just bought the pile on the trailer. The Car is very clean. But just so you know if I don't sell the other parts I'm going to be putting a 440 Chrysler motor in the chassis and Building a RAT. The rest will be used or scrapped, maybe garage wall art.

I am curious on what exactly you see as mismatched, for a novice to Chrysler, well cars of this era in general. I'm more inclined to 49-54 models.

Just picked up a very straight 1952 3100 Chevy, parked it in the yard until I finish my 47 Plymouth.

bl

Jack, notice the mismatch parts ? Also, do you know what engine and trans this came with originally ?

Please tell us this isn't going to be another one of your ratrods...there's to much there to rod it..

AND it's a 4 door! ;):rolleyes:

I wasn't going to respond because if I owned it I could do as I pleased. But you point out that it has mismatched parts, no running gear etc.

therefore I think that most will pass on a proper restoration. Like you did.

If it had a title it might have gotten a Hemi.

The seller has plans for a 440 and since it is his he can do what he pleases as well.

By the way, I only have one ratrod (its a four door), but I own several restored cars. The ratrod is the most fun though.

I wasn't going to respond because if I owned it I could do as I pleased. But you point out that it has mismatched parts, no running gear etc.

therefore I think that most will pass on a proper restoration. Like you did.

If it had a title it might have gotten a Hemi.

The seller has plans for a 440 and since it is his he can do what he pleases as well.

By the way, I only have one ratrod (its a four door), but I own several restored cars. The ratrod is the most fun though.

Sorry Jack, you missed my obvious sarcasm... my weak attempt at humor.

My point was just that, a person can do with it what they wish, although I personally believe it's foolish to rod something this old but,,, to each his own !

The obvious mismatches are things like door handles, xtra windshield frame, newer steering column (who knows what that goes to), not to mention the drive train is missing so what ever inventory is left will be a crap shoot for the buyer.

With all due respect BLowry , $5500 for that vehicle with no title is an insult to the intelligence of the buying community. Usually when buyers see "entire car" it consists of ALL of the parts. This is nothing more than a parts car, and body parts are hard to ship so I would think something more inline with reality would be around $2000 tops and that's being generous.

Guest blowry52

Man I sure seem to apologize a lot here. I will make sure I perform a lot more homework before I post again. I'm really not trying to insult anybody. I threw out 5500 to just start bantering, which backfired on me. I obviously figured wrong on the other parts, I thought they might be of use for someone. OBO was also supposed to help with offers I had thought.

I appreciate the education and will try better next time.

I do have other cars that I have found, but not yet ready to put them up here. Not without a much detailed perspective of said vehicle.

Rat Rod it is.

One note I do find it odd that you say 2k, searching for just bodies no frame/fenders/radiator etc to put my Rat Rod together with rusty and nasty looking sheet metal go for 2k+ all day long. albeit Ford Not Chrysler.

bl

One note I do find it odd that you say 2k, searching for just bodies no frame/fenders/radiator etc to put my Rat Rod together with rusty and nasty looking sheet metal go for 2k+ all day long. albeit Ford Not Chrysler.

bl

As the saying goes.. "there's a sucker born every minute" but that's not the case for those who are living in reality. Good luck finding that sucker.

Most of those "rat rod bodies" you speak of are nothing more than back yard experiments that usually end up fading like the wind until they eventually pump $10k into them only to sell them for little more than what they paid originally. Good thing Hank made so many I suppose...

Odd isn't it ? Ford mass produced them more than any other manufacturer and yet the dreamers keep chasing them like they are something rare, then disfigure them till you can't recognize who the builder was. Go figure....

I agree with you and Jack, a 440 would be the way to go. Of course be prepared to find another frame that can handle it or make major alterations to the existing frame for the rest of the power (tranny and rear end that it will need also).

No need to apologize, it's only discussion and we don't always agree. It's :cool:.

I'm just "keeping it real".... it's just a parts car thanks to who ever ripped it up and lost the parts.

BTW, that car should have 6 spoke wire wheels total, doubt it will roll on 2. So much for complete ayyy ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Blowry52, do you still have this car and are you still parting it out. Im looking for a set of door hinges for the front 2 doors, specifically the middle set. I would be very interested in some photos of the seats and there framing as I have a set of seat frames (bare timber) and I have no idea what seats are supposed to look like.

Unfortunately im in Australia so buying large parts is not feasible other wise I would have striped car by now.

Thanks any pics would be great to gamcgoo@gmail.com