Portland get-together

doity

I was trying to gauge if there is any interest in an informal get together and drive during the week of the Buick National meet in Portland in addition to the rendezvous? I was thinking since the rendezvous was on a Thursday if I am not mistaken, having the drive on either the preceding Wednesday or on Friday.

My thought was the group could leave the hotel area around 2:00 or 3:00 PM, take Marine Drive to the historic Columbia River hwy. and proceed to Crown Point overlooking the Columbia River for some excellent views and a chance to photograph our Reatta's with a spectacular background. We could then drive back to town and possibly have dinner at Tad's Chicken and Dumplings which is in Troutdale on the way back.

Please let me know if anyone is game and if we have more than 5 of us interested I say we should plan it. Please reply to this so I can get a feel if there is any interest in this.

Luke

Lake Oswego, OR.

post-68995-143142577436_thumb.jpg

post-68995-143142577436_thumb.jpg

Edited by doity (see edit history)

From past experience, we do not have a lot of unused time during the National meet. If you attend the Board meeting and the General membership meeting (Marck will) look at the cars, check out the swap meet and go on any of the tours, you will find little extra time. Also don't forget that Saturday afternoon is usually the Reatta Div meeting...which is often time restricted. It cannot start until after the judging of the cars and sometimes must end before everyone is finished because someone else has the room scheduled or we must get out for other reasons. There are always Reatta things to do.... someone will have a problem or question and 4,5, or more Reatta owners will go out to the car to check it out. There is never enough time.

Barney is right there is not much extra time but I am with Marck if time does permit I will be there. Lots of meetings maybe they can go quickly this year

Chuck Kerls

Well if the get-together is on Wednesday as opposed to Friday, my understanding was that most of the events were planned Thur-Sat. and I noticed that the parent org. is taking reservations for rallies on both Wednesday and Thursday so obviously there is some free time there for event goers.

Well if the get-together is on Wednesday as opposed to Friday' date=' my understanding was that most of the events were planned Thur-Sat. and I noticed that the parent org. is taking reservations for rallies on both Wednesday and Thursday so obviously there is some free time there for event goers.[/quote']

There is a cruise in/dinner thing Wednesday. Thursday is usually the general membership meeting. Friday I am not planning to attend the BHA dinner, so that would be the best option for me. But we'd have to leave after lunch because the BOD meeting will be that morning.

Well I was thinking Wednesday would be the best so as to not interfere with the other goings on. Why don't people who are interested state which day works best for them and we will do things democratically. For people not from this area the drive will be very memorable and if we stop at Tad's, well that is just icing on the cake. It is a historic restaurant overlooking the Sandy River and has great food.

I am planning to drive to Portland with one of the caravans from California. I am away from my email, so can't check the schedule at the moment. But I think we arrive sometime mid-wednesday.

Any other Reatta owners driving up from California?

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still possibly happening? I have most of Wednesday free if it is. Maybe we could eat lunch, tour, and then get back in time for the dinner cruise in around 4:00-4:30?

Well another member said that Friday would be best for him as he was getting in town late on Wednesday so I think we should shoot for Friday then. That way people who wanted to do the dinner cruise could do all 3 drives with the Rendezvous and this trip out to the Gorge with me. I will print off some maps when I am at the library and I will also post the Google Maps directions. I think we should leave the Red Lion area at around 2:00 PM so as to avoid rush hour. We can leave from the same place that the Rendezvous leaves from to avoid any confusion.

Anyone who is interested please reply to this thread so we can get an idea of who is coming.

thanks,

Luke

That ought to work with the Board meeting that I need to attend. I will have myself and one other as well.

Here is a link to the route that we will take. I have also printed out a number of copies to hand out before leaving for Crown Point. I would say 2:00 PM would be a good time to show up move out about 2:30 or so.

https://goo.gl/maps/oV13P

Luke P.

Does anyone else have a CB radio? I'm planning to remove mine from my truck to bring just incase

Yes, I have a handheld. For some reason I thought it was channel 9 only but it is the full 40 channels. When I bought it I thought I would use it for monitoring channel 9 on my job ( I drive for a living) but then I realized that no one used CB radio anymore.....wrong decade! I will bring it along on the rides just in case as I don't own a cell phone.

Does anyone else have a CB radio? I'm planning to remove mine from my truck to bring just incase

I always bring a ham HT on road trips. It has a wide-band receiver, so I can at least monitor you calling "breaker breaker one nine!". :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just trying to see if people are still interested in the drive tomorrow at 3:00? Hopefully the weather should be a bit better tomorrow. I had a great time tonight at the Rendezvous and was glad to finally meet some of the fellow forum contributors.

Luke