Tune Up/ignition coil - 48 Chrysler NY

Guest Meems_Boat

Guest Meems_Boat

Ok...I got antsy and started messing around under the hood without checking with you guys...the experts. I bought an ignition coil for "Das Boot" and it was exactly what it appeared to be on line. Here's the problem. The original coil (pictured) and mounting bracket are one piece and the bracket can't be removed without damaging it beyond repair. I should have checked before I bought...yes I know that's what my wife called me too. Having said that, I want to keep things close to the original as possible and don't want to "fashion" a mounting bracket for the new one. As you can see, The part # on the original is #1136531.

I've checked on line and have come up empty am I SOL?.

post-100490-143142576942_thumb.jpg

post-100490-14314257692_thumb.jpg

post-100490-14314257692_thumb.jpg

post-100490-143142576942_thumb.jpg

Why can't the bracket be removed? Did you turn it over and look underneath for a screw or bolt? Someone already replaced the coil, that is not a factory Autolite. So they managed to get the bracket off.

But there is a larger question. What makes you think the coil is faulty? Not to be hard on you, but newbies always think it's the coil and 99 times out of 100 the coil is ok.

Guest Meems_Boat

Rusty - C49er already answered the first. The bracket cannot be removed...as to the second. Newbie I am, but I had it checked. It be bad.:cool: