New Manifold Model 20

1910Hupp

Today I started the process of putting the original breeze Carburetor back on the car . I'm using a reproduction inlet manifold which is identical to those that Phil is getting cast . A couple of glitches the inlet manifold is slightly too wide at the top where it has to slip between the exhaust manifold outlets on 2 and 3 . I think this will be easily fixed by some grinding. The other problem I have is that the points cover on the magneto has quite a long take off for the earth wire and I suspect it will foul on the rear of the inlet manifold- Not quite sure how I will get around that one? Any Ideas? Karl

Thanks David -Not an original magneto but is a DU4. Because the previous owner didn't use an original carb and butchered the manifold to make a Model T carb fit he had no problems with using a DU4 with a long earth wire take off on the points cover . I suspect that this long take off will foul on the rear of the inlet manifold with the original set up. Will know for sure once I get the manifold sitting correctly in place but rough fitting looks ominous post-60857-143142577817_thumb.jpg

post-60857-143142577813_thumb.jpg

post-60857-143142577813_thumb.jpg

post-60857-143142577817_thumb.jpg

post-31482-14314257814_thumb.jpgOne has to be a little careful grinding a casting, good luck with it.

It appears your DU4 does have a "snout" that's not evident on other DU4's....the ground on mine is fairly flush with the front housing, while yours sticks out a bit....

post-31482-14314257814_thumb.jpg