Guest TCBucky89

Guest TCBucky89

I'm new to the forum. Even though I have been interested in these automobiles since the year 2000, I only recently purchased a 1989 Red/Ginger/Black 2.2 Turbo II. Got it on June 10, 2014.....my birthday. Whatta birthday gift!!! It's not a perfect car, but it is 100% original. I will have questions, and I will check out the threads here to see what info I can come up with for my TC.

My personal favorite color combination, good find! Welcome. There was a turbo Mopar guy on another list searching for the right LeBaron to buy as a project/weekend driver. I suggested he expand his search to TC Masi's and he was glad he did, he found one and soon discovered they are very much NOT LeBarons. Unique in so many ways, here's to hoping you have a lasting and rewarding relationship with your first TC. Mine is long gone but there have been a few more that have found me:cool:

Guest TCBucky89

I did have a 1995 LeBaron GTC convertible...white/gray/black...V-6, automatic. Very nice car, easy to drive, great on gas. Still, it is clearly NOT the same car as the TC, and it didn't take long to find that out! I also had a 1986 LeBaron GTS 4dr sedan. It had the turbo II engine with a 5 speed box. Lots of fun, good gas mileage, AND it had a hatchback, which I liked very much!!

I'm new to the forum. Even though I have been interested in these automobiles since the year 2000, I only recently purchased a 1989 Red/Ginger/Black 2.2 Turbo II. Got it on June 10, 2014.....my birthday. Whatta birthday gift!!! It's not a perfect car, but it is 100% original. I will have questions, and I will check out the threads here to see what info I can come up with for my TC.

My first and last TC with many others along the way... Mine is precisely the same color combination as yours. Bought mine in 1995 and have loved it ever since.

If you click on the link below my name, you can read about it in depth.

Guest TCBucky89

Already checked out that article! Really enjoyed reading that! I'm curious to know why some TCs have woodgrain, and some do not. Mine does not have it.

Already checked out that article! Really enjoyed reading that! I'm curious to know why some TCs have woodgrain, and some do not. Mine does not have it.

Woodgrain arrived somewhere around VIN# 201567. Mine is 200766 and yours is a little earlier build number I believe.

WHY? I guess Chrysler wanted to spiff it up a little more. There were several other obvious changes early on. Hood and deck-lid support strut supports for instance.

Front suspension upgrades, Common-block 2.2 engine block, timing belt and water pump changes and quite a few others.

Guest TCBucky89

Gathering info on these autos is fun and interesting! I have other antique vehicles now, and have had even more in the past, but these TCs are an intriguing automobile, all to themselves! I'll take all the input I can get!

Guest TCBucky89

When I got my TC, the only paperwork I received was the title. No owner's manual, or anything else. What came with a 1989 TC, as far as manuals and such?