1966 Lincoln Continental Coupe 23K miles, loaded with options. $13,900 Located in S. Georgia

reatta vice

1966 Lincoln Continental Coupe

Exterior paint finished in Powder Blue complemented by a Navy Blue leather interior.

Features include:

* 462 C.I. V-8 engine with dual exhaust

* Automatic transmission

* Power steering & brakes

* Power windows, vent windows, door locks, antenna, & trunk release

* Cruise control

* Factory ac

* Am-FM Town & Country signal seeking radio

* 8-Track tape player

* Remote control driver’s side mirror

* Automatic headlamp dimmers

* Door edge guards

* Front & back seat armrests

* Seat belts

* Courtesy lights

* Passenger side visor vanity mirror

* Jack & spare tire with cover

I acquired this car in trade from a car collector who bought it last December @ a collector car auction in N. Carolina. The description in the auction catalog was as follows: “This is a one owner North Carolina rust free car acquired from a lady who purchased it new 47 years ago. She drove it until 1980 when she decided to park it in her basement due to rising gasoline prices. With the exception of minor cosmetic re-spray in the trunk area, the vehicle is 100% original with only 23,165 actual miles”

With that description I took the car in trade on one of my old Cadillacs. I had my restoration shop go through the car sorting out any mechanical issues that the car had for not being driven on a regular basis for the last 30 + years. The shop went through the fuel system, replaced the exhaust system, overhauled the brakes, changed all the fluids, replaced the ac compressor & converted the system to 134 Freon. Although the tires looked brand new, they were old from age & replaced with a brand new set of white stripe radial tires. Now once again the car is roadworthy & ready to enjoy. When the collector bought the car @ auction, he had no way of telling that all this work was waiting for him to do. That is one of the caveats when you buy a car at auction. You don’t usually have the opportunity to have the car checked out first & talk to the previous owner to know what is in store for you down the road.

If you like your collector cars original, I can say this one will probably fit your bill. On closer examination the driver’s door also appears to have been re-painted sometime over it’s life along with the rear deck lid that had been mentioned in the auction brochure. I ended up painting from the doors back in order to match the color correctly Otherwise, it appears the rest of the paint is original. The leather is in good shape & still feels soft. There are no cracks in the dash or door panels, headliner is in mint condition, interior carpet shows no excessive wear, & the trunk compartment carpet & cardboard lining are all in great shape.

2-door Lincolns of this vintage are hard to find for sale in this condition. This is an exceptional example & will make a great addition for a Lincoln collector to have in his collection. I have priced it very realistically @ $13,900. My name is Stuart Hershoff. You can PM or call me @ 912-634-4949 for more information if your interested in purchasing. Car is currently located @ my inside storage facility in Nashville, GA (South Georgia)

Below is the link to see photos of the car. Just click on icon or paste in your browser.

http://www.brandoncollection.com/veh...3%20%20|359457

Edited by reatta vice
Corrected engine size typo in description (see edit history)

Not to confuse anyone but in 1966, the Lincoln came with a 462 ci MEL engine.

The 460 was from the Ford 385 engine family, the name coming from the 3.85 inch crankshaft stroke, didn't become available until later in 1968.

Yes the engine size was entered incorrectly. I have edited it now.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

You guys looking for a nice '66 Lincoln Coupe to add to your collection, you need to be thinking about this car; especially if you prefer un-restored original cars in your collection that you can drive. It drives like a new car, has cold ac, & a gorgeous original interior. Just the right amount of patina on this one.