Another addtion to Raner's Riviera Ranch

RivNut

Linda and I just bought this 1993 Riviera to add to the fold. It as the SE model and is equipped with the Gold Package - lower body panel is painted gold and the cast aluminum wheels are painted to match the panel. We thought it was a pretty good deal for only $1300. Drives great. New tires and shocks installed in Dec of 2013. We bought it from the original owner so it came with the original window sticker and all of the maintenance receipts since day one.

post-50017-143142564083_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564067_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564071_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564075_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564079_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564067_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564071_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564075_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564079_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142564083_thumb.jpg

Ed,

No, you didn't buy it--you stole it for $1300. I didn't know you could still find a running, driving, used car that looks that good for $1300--wow! A very nice looking car, with the two-tone and those wheels. Surely you're not going to tell us that the air conditioner works at that price...

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

AND WITH ONLY 105K miles on it no less!!!! You bought the new tires and shocks, the car was free. What other accessories? CD Player, 6 way seats? Can't tell, are the seats leather or cloth? Indeed, does the ac work?

I will have another Rivi some day. I still regret selling my black 93. You're bound to be running out of room so which of the first gens will you sell me, the 63 or 64.

CONGRATS on the great deal on a beautiful Riviera Ed and Linda, y'all deserve it.

Ed,

No, you didn't buy it--you stole it for $1300. I didn't know you could still find a running, driving, used car that looks that good for $1300--wow! A very nice looking car, with the two-tone and those wheels. Surely you're not going to tell us that the air conditioner works at that price...

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sure it works, blows cold - Linda has already complained about it being too cold if the fan's on high. The Cassette player works, the sunroof works, the passing's power seat works and the power recline works. As does the driver's seat in addition to the power lumbar. The Dynaride works. However there is something loose in the rear suspension that clinks on rough surfaces. Perhaps I should just haul it over to the local pic-n-pull. LOL

It truly is an enjoyable car.

Daves89 over on the Reatta site has come up with a couple of minor things for me to make it 100%. Like a missing horn button, a good power antenna, and a missing door edge guard. He also found me an AM/FM radio with cassette that has the graphic equalizer in it. Those have a great sound to them when you get them set properly. It looks like now all I need to get done the headliner and a couple of panels in the seat.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

AND WITH ONLY 105K miles on it no less!!!! You bought the new tires and shocks, the car was free. What other accessories? CD Player, 6 way seats? Can't tell, are the seats leather or cloth? Indeed, does the ac work?

I will have another Rivi some day. I still regret selling my black 93. You're bound to be running out of room so which of the first gens will you sell me, the 63 or 64.

CONGRATS on the great deal on a beautiful Riviera Ed and Linda, y'all deserve it.

The window sticker says the driver's seat is a 14 way power seat. I can't find 14 ways to adjust it, but that's what it says. No CD player. They were available in '90, but it was an option as a satellite accessory that went in the console. But the cassette player works and some of my best R&B music is on cassette. The nice thing about the cassette is that I can use a cassette insert to listen to my Sirius dock through the radio.

The seats are leather and except for two spots on the driver's side panel they're in really good shape - no cracks or splits. Some scuffs but I'll treat all the seats to a good Leatherique cleaning and re-dye what's needed after I get the two panels replaced.

The A/C blows cold. The only thing I can't check right now is the rear window defogger.

This was an older (when I say older, I mean older) lady's "errand" car. The couple is very well do to and he kept it in good shape for her. All of the repair receipts are from the dealership where they bought the car new. The only thing I think he may have cut corners on was having the oil changed. He did it every 3,000 miles but he had it done at some place called Grease Monkey. I've never heard anything about them. I do need to change the oil. It's only been 1,000 miles since it was changed but it's 8 months overdue. Shame, shame.

We were all at my grandson's 10th birthday party last weekend and my daughters (39 and 45) were arguing about which of them got which car. They finally settled that the older one gets the '63 and the younger one gets the '64. Sorry.

We were all at my grandson's 10th birthday party last weekend and my daughters (39 and 45) were arguing about which of them got which car. They finally settled that the older one gets the '63 and the younger one gets the '64. Sorry.

Adoption papers are in the mail.

How nice! And what a great price! That rear clinking may be a broken strut to the rear anti sway bar. They are very short and may look attached when they are actually broken. Good luck with it Ed.