Guest rsonnier@cox.net

Guest rsonnier@cox.net

When a car is judge to AACA standards, what is the most points it can have? If a car has all the correct features it was born with, matching numbers and date coded parts and has been restored but showing some road rash, how would it compare with a pristine trailer queen of the same make and model?

Everyone starts with 400 points and points are deducted for such things as condition and authenticity. In your scenario, all other things being equal, the pristine trailer queen would score more points but that does not necessarily mean that the road rashed vehicle couldn't take the same award. Also, AACA does not check numbers or date codes.

Guest rsonnier@cox.net

What I have is a restored 67 Camaro SS350. It has been restored to original condition. It is a one owner. In the restoration a front and rear spoiler was added. These were not available from the factory but we're available at the dealers. A set of Rally rims were also added. These also were only for cars with disc brakes but could be bought and installed at the dealer. Now I have plans to install disc brakes that will match the original disc brakes offerd as an option for this car by the factory. The only other non stock items is a Vintage air system and a Retrosound radio that looks like the original. With that said. How many points would I be deducted from my car that is in very nice condition.

I would say that you should lose 20 points for the non-authentic A/C. That would be 10 points in Interior and 10 Points in Engine. If the radio looks exactly like the original it should receive no deductions. If it does not look authentic, then the radio should also result in a 10 point deduction. Without seeing the car, it is impossible to say how many points you might lose on condition of any other components.

If the spoiler and the wheels and disc brakes were available as factory authorized dealer installed accessories, there should not be any deductions for those. If they were not factory authorized accessories, there should be additional deductions for those.

You can find a copy of the judging guidelines under the publications tab on the home page at http://www.aaca.org/.