1967 Corvair Monza 4 door

I have a chance to pick up a '67 Monza 4 door hardtop. It is going to auction because the owner has not paid the storage fees for the last 3 years. The person who owns the storage place is a personal Rotarian friend of mine. He has had no contact with the owner for over a year. My friend got the car out of the garage, got it running and has sent out the front bucket seats to have the seams repaired. It is silver with a black interior and was painted just before it was put in storage. The car is totally complete and shows 50,486 on the odo but there is no way to verify it although it looks like it could be original. There is no rust anywhere that my friend or I can find and I know these cars rusted around the front and rear window moldings. There is no sign of oil leakage on the engine or underneath but again, it has not been on the road for 3+ years. It has the 110 engine and powerglide. I would not take it on any long trips, just want a neat little car to putz around town with and I have always loved the second generation 4 door. Once my friend goes through the proper legal steps - which are not too complicated for this in Maine - he will put it up for bids. I don't know that he wants to make a huge profit on it, but wants to recoup the storage fees and $$ he has put into it. I'm thinking if I could pick it up for $2000-$3000 it would be a decent buy. Is there anything about these cars that I should be aware of/look for?