AULT PARK CONCOURS

DAVE A

Just got back from the concours at Ault park. I had the opportunity to reknew an aquaintence with Bob (Bhigdog) Beck and his charming wife. It was my girlfriend's first concours and she was very nervous. Having them there set her at ease and made the day, which was also her birthday, a very enjoyable one. The Pa. contingent did very well there, and I noted a large amount of cars there with AACA badges. AACA cars are great!!! AACA PEOPLE are even better!! Thanks Bob and Cookie!!

Just got back from the concours at Ault park. I had the opportunity to reknew an aquaintence with Bob (Bhigdog) Beck and his charming wife. It was my girlfriend's first concours and she was very nervous. Having them there set her at ease and made the day, which was also her birthday, a very enjoyable one. The Pa. contingent did very well there, and I noted a large amount of cars there with AACA badges. AACA cars are great!!! AACA PEOPLE are even better!! Thanks Bob and Cookie!!

It was our pleasure, Dave. Your help was really appreciated and we both enjoyed your and Deb's company. I'm seriously thinking of doing Ault park again next year. Nice show & nice people. Now it's Detroit on Friday for the Eyes on Design show.............Bob

Had to miss Ault Park this year for my daughter's high school graduation. That's 2 years in a row. I hate missing that show. :(

BTW, I know at least 2 places in Cincy with (INMO) better BBQ than Montgomery Inn. As usual the best one (Art's Place) is a hole-in-the-wall place off any main road. Also when in Cincy there are 2 truly local foods that must be tried. Goetta sausage for breakfast (found at Perkin's Restaurants and many other places), and Cincinnati chili (the 2 main local chains being Skyline and Gold Star). The chili isn't anything like the rest of the country's chili, it's a spicy Greek spaghetti sauce best served with a ton of shredded cheddar. Finally between The Hoffbrau House (yes, it's part of the German original) and the Mt. Carmel & Moerlein microbreweries we do a lot better than the national brands on beers here as well!

:cool:

post-30638-143142559778_thumb.jpg

post-30638-143142559769_thumb.jpg

post-30638-143142559777_thumb.jpg

Good luck at the show Bob. I will be working on my "new" 47 pickup until Crosley Nationals and Keeneland in July. It will premier at Hilton Head in November!! I too wish that Dave had told us about the Rib place sooner. I had the trailer hooked up so I ended up taking my sweetheart to dinner at the Hotel for her birthday. Worst ribs I ever ate!!! She said her salmon was good but I was disappointed!

BTW, I know at least 2 places in Cincy with (INMO) better BBQ than Montgomery Inn. As usual the best one (Art's Place) is a hole-in-the-wall place off any main road. Also when in Cincy ....
Unless I am mistaken you only mentioned one of purported 2 places with better BBQ than Montgomery Inn?

What is the other?

Where is Art's Place?

(Having lived in Cincy for 25 yrs. addresses would help.

Agree on goetta! Cincy style chili is indeed unique, not what most folks would think of when thinking chili.

- Had we known/been asked I am sure we would have proffered dining recommendations.

Good luck at the show Bob. I will be working on my "new" 47 pickup until Crosley Nationals and Keeneland in July. It will premier at Hilton Head in November!! I too wish that Dave had told us about the Rib place sooner. I had the trailer hooked up so I ended up taking my sweetheart to dinner at the Hotel for her birthday. Worst ribs I ever ate!!! She said her salmon was good but I was disappointed!

I've been trying for two days to get the Chrysler in the trailer with out getting rained on. I just gave up and put it in in the drizzle today. We'll leave for DTW at Oh Dark Early tomorrow. I noticed the ribs and meant to ask how they were. They didn't look all that tasty......................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Unless I am mistaken you only mentioned one of purported 2 places with better BBQ than Montgomery Inn?

What is the other?

Where is Art's Place?

Agree on goetta! Cincy style chili is indeed unique, not what most folks would think of when thinking chili.

- Had we known/been asked I am sure we would have proffered dining recommendations.

I was just teasing, Dave. I never associated CVG with ribs/BBQ. Now the question is are the BBQ/ribs under discussion North Carolina vinegar style or are they what I'll call KC style BBQ?...........Bob

What is the other?

Where is Art's Place?

Big Art's BBQ is easy to find. It's at the intersection of Struble and Pippen Roads in Colerain Twp., near Mt. Healthy. It's a typical hole-in-the-wall place that most great BBQ comes from. Just follow the smokehouse aroma!:P

The other place I prefer to M.I. is smoQ. It's more of a trendy eatery than a true BBQ spot, but I really like their sauces & rub (especially their ribs). It's located next to the Springdale 18 movie theater at the Rt. 4 interchange on I-275 in Springdale.

Yeah Dave, you are right....I should learn to trust you guys and ask in advance. Going to Lexington next month. Got any suggestions for there??

I've never eaten there, but there are 6 Gold Star Chili locations listed there online. That's not something you'll find at all much further from Cincy. The nearest Skyline is in Dry Ridge, KY, about 3/4ths the way to Cincy from Lexington.

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)

Now the question is are the BBQ/ribs under discussion North Carolina vinegar style or are they what I'll call KC style BBQ?...........Bob
I do not know that I am qualified to answer this question? I have had KC style ribs. To me they were some sort of dry rub. Montgomery Inn ribs are what I would characterize as being sweet. My preference is for the beef ribs, not pork.

Not that you asked, but since it is mentioned in this thread, my chili preference would be Skyline over Gold Star any day.