Another entry question

AnniesSS

My husband and I are debating which class to enter - HPOF or DPC. I've read the Judging Guidelines and it looks like we could be in either class.

I'm the 2nd owner of a 89 Suburban which the original owner had all of the work done at a dealership and is all documented. While we think we could enter HPOF, what happens when we get to Hershey and they say no, it shouldn't be in this class. Can we put the truck in DPC or what happens? Will they change us or do we not get judged?

Just trying to see what to expect.

If you enter the Suburban in HPOF, it will be evaluated by the HPOF team. It will either receive a HPOF certification, or else it will not receive a HPOF certification. It will not be changed to another class at that meet. It it is an original unrestored vehicle, with original paint, and no modifications, I would suggest HPOF. If there are any obvious non-original components, or if it has been repainted, then I would register it in DPC.

You could contact the Chairman of the HPOF Committee and ask him for his opinion. It is my understanding that a total repaint pretty much eliminates a vehicle from HPOFcertification, but a partial repaint like that may or may not, if the vehicle is otherwise in extremely original condition. The Chairman of the HPOF Committee is Roger Irland. You can send a Private Message to forum member RogerPHX if you wish to contact him.

He has probably been traveling to the Tennessee Dual Meet. I don't think he is on the forum very often. Hopefully he will respond to you. If not, you could call Headquarters and I am sure they could help you contact him.