Throttle return spring on '29 U

wyobob

I'm finishing up the engine and need a picture or description of how the throttle return spring hooks up and what length it is for a 1929 "U". There is a tab with hole welded to the rod that runs just above the starter but I don't know what the spring hooks to on the other end. Mine was missing when I started. Thanks

When you find out, please let me know! Been told the hand throttle spring connects to a tab mounted on the water inlet bolt closest to the firewall. This tab is supposedly the same as on the manifold bolt for that spring to the rod on the carb.

thanks for the info. Mine has the tab on the manifold bolt on the carb side, but I don't think the hand throttle spring can go to the water inlet bolt as on mine the horn bracket attaches to the water inlet bolts and there is no evidence of any place the spring could go. ( I could sure be wrong)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a photo, but my '29 Dodge had a little bracket that mounted to the back of the upper, slanted floorboard near where the gas pedal was.....the end of the spring mounted to a hole in this little bracket....the other end of spring mounted to the tab on the rod assembly. BTW, could I get a photo of how your assembly mounts to the water jacket side of engine? I'm sure it's similar to my DB.

Thanks everyone, mine hooks to the bracket that the horn is attached to which is attached to the bolts which hold the water inlet. I can see that the spring would have to attach to the firewall in order to work right, Did I mention that mine is a Merchant Express PU so it has a water pump and possibly a different water inlet.

• 4 weeks later...