Driver 1990 convertible

NCReatta

Many of you saw my '90 in South Bend. It's undergone more improvements since then, and is now for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Reatta-Base-1990-buick-reatta-convertible-/111376579624?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19ee8fbc28&item=111376579624&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I've enjoyed it for two and a half years and it's time to move on to other projects and let someone else enjoy her for years to come.

I'm driving to Portland in July and it was between this car and my '91. the '91 was the final choice only because I had taken the '90 to a national already and it was time for the 91 to have a chance. That gives you a hint of my confidence in the car. It's a great road car and I literally wouldn't think twice about driving it across the country.

Hi Marck. Good to see you back! That is a really nice car. I love those chrome wheels. I can't help but wonder why a '90 has an '88 intake and no cover over the injectors. I'm sure you have the '90 parts to put on it. Is there an interesting history or story behind the intake being that way on this car since it was a Buick Motor Division Show Car?

Hi Marck. Good to see you back! That is a really nice car. I love those chrome wheels. I can't help but wonder why a '90 has an '88 intake and no cover over the injectors. I'm sure you have the '90 parts to put on it. Is there an interesting history or story behind the intake being that way on this car since it was a Buick Motor Division Show Car?

It does have an '88 intake. I'm not sure why to be honest. It was on there when I bought the car. And seeing as it works like it should, I never took the time to change it. It's not a 400 pt. car by any means, and I rather like the way it looks personally.

It's a very early convertible (in the first 60 or so I believe), but I don't think it was a prototype or anything.

Marck said ........ "It's a great road car and I literally wouldn't think twice about driving it across the country".

The last time that I said those same words was about 10PM on a Sunday night in 1971 driving a borrowed 64 Ford Galaxie across Western Illinois

going back to school in Iowa. Not 5 minutes later cruising along I-80 at about 65mph, the manual trans just locked up out of

nowhere, no warning, just BOOM!

You have been warned..... :0)

Guest my3buicks

It should make someone a very well sorted our a Reatta that runs great and presents itself well.

Guest Corvanti
Marck said ........ "It's a great road car and I literally wouldn't think twice about driving it across the country".

The last time that I said those same words was about 10PM on a Sunday night in 1971 driving a borrowed 64 Ford Galaxie across Western Illinois

going back to school in Iowa. Not 5 minutes later cruising along I-80 at about 65mph, the manual trans just locked up out of

nowhere, no warning, just BOOM!

You have been warned..... :0)

i really think that is not a warranted comment to make about this car and seller.:mad:

anyone that has purchased/driven classic (or newer) vehicles should know that something unforeseen can happen to any vehicle at any time without prior knowledge.

i don't think Marck, as with other vendors for our Reattas, would have his Reatta car/parts business going on for so long if he made things up!!!

BTW: if you want a '89 coupe with more mileage at half his "Buy it Now" price, i have one that i will guarantee will start, run and stop - out of the driveway and halfway down the block (although i would drive her anywhere).:rolleyes:

end of rant!:)

i really think that is not a warranted comment to make about this car and seller.:mad:

anyone that has purchased/driven classic (or newer) vehicles should know that something unforeseen can happen to any vehicle at any time without prior knowledge.

i don't think Marck, as with other vendors for our Reattas, would have his Reatta car/parts business going on for so long if he made things up!!!

BTW: if you want a '89 coupe with more mileage at half his "Buy it Now" price, i have one that i will guarantee will start, run and stop - out of the driveway and halfway down the block (although i would drive her anywhere).:rolleyes:

end of rant!:)

he suggested old cars sometimes break,not that ncreattas car was junk.

Guest Corvanti

i never said it was "junk". i don't think it was appropriate to place that post in a "for sale" ad/thread. maybe on the general section for everyone to see. actually, that would be a good thread starter: "how many have had new Reatta purchases break down on the way home." but not here in the for sale section.

full disclosure: i have never met or "talked" to "NCReatta", other than online when i first bought my Reatta in 2012.

i have no dog in this fight...

Yeesh guys. Why must everything turn into a fight where people get offended and knives and thrown? Is that just something the people on here do for fun? Because it seems like a consistent theme.

No offense was taken. I can understand where Bob is coming from, and I never took his post as saying my car was crap.

And for what it's worth, I've never had a Reatta break down on me on the way home from buying it. Granted most of them we trailer back here now, but even the 268,000 '89 that we picked up for $50 (no not missing a zero) in northern VA. drove home. Albeit it used 5 quarts of transmission fluid, I nonetheless drove it home.

No offense intended, it just reminded me of an occasion from long ago that I thought was funny.

Actually, I have never seen a Reatta broken down at the side of the road. I think Marcks red convertible looks very cool and hope that someone

will enjoy it.