parting out two 1950 chryslers and a 55 Dodge...all four doors

• 2 weeks later...

Greg,

Hubby tried calling you. He left a message. The royal is not a woodie. I took the seats out today. They are pretty much just the frames and springs. I also took off the doors, molding around windshield and dash, sunvisors, mirror, etc. The steering wheel is the nicest of all 5 of the ones we have...but it is green in the middle of hirn ring and our travelers take a reddishbrown one I think....but we havent decided if we want to get rid of that.The steering column is primo, too. The chrysler part of the dash is great....but again it is green. This royal had the highlander interior. I hope to get the dash out tomorrow. I am piling up parts to take to the swap meet july 11-13....but I would rather sell to people here if they need the parts.

Cars of chaos....we do have 3 extra master cylinders....let me check the conditions tomorrow and get back with you. Sorry I just saw your message today. I am close to getting to the mc on that royal.

10 bucks plus shipping for ppulley.We have the fluid drive solenoids but I would want to test. Do you know how? The rear mounts may be different on your 40. I see at kantor the six bangers had same mounts 41-54.

http://www.kanter.com/catalog/productdetail.aspx?Mak=Chrysler&Ov=1&Yr=1950&Dv=1&Dpt=1400&Sb=0&Vdr=&Itm=&MDv=1&MDpt=0&MSb=0&Cat=55&Prc=235

We still arent sure on steering wheel. We do have a few that need new plastic but the horn rings are good and metal is good. We also have a black one that is attached to a nice steering column. We were told it is from 49 dodge. Let me know if you want pics of any of those.

No wood trim, sorry. Let me know if you think of anything else....we have two more 50's to part out so we will have parts a while.

I see a new solenoid on ebay...not sure if its the one you are looking for...its 120 bucks though...ouch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1939-1940-1941-Plymouth-Dodge-Chrysler-NOS-OverDrive-Solenoid-Relay-852006-Des-/111389391460?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ef533a64&vxp=mtr

Make me an offer on a used one. Hopefully we can test it. If somehow it didnt work you could send it back and I would give your money back. I would just charge shipping for whatever you buy altogether...and insurance to cover it. I have paypal and could send an invoice.

Edited by AdW13 (see edit history)

You got it, greg. I am not sure your rear mounts are the same. All of our chrysler parts cars are 1950 l-head motor and fluid drive. I will get pics. Maybe you know they will work. Make me an offer on them and the solenoid....also let me know if you know a way to test it. I may know of a radio, too. The guy we got our traveler from had one on his shelf a few weeks ago. I can go by and see the vintage and condition and price and get pics before I mail your package if you want.

I havent been out today because mother nature decided we need moisture and I cant disagree. We have six and only need two master cylinder's...so I think we can find one...but it may need rebuilt. I will see what they each feel like before pulling one. This royal I am strippping has the brakes locked up...so who knows whats up with that. We were thinking along the lines of fifty bucks plus shipping for one as is....and i can get whatever pics you want of it.

As soon as the rain lets up i will get pics and post them.

Greg, do you have paypal? I can send an invoice to your paypal address or email. Or you can send me a private message and get my address and shipping amount and send a check or money order...i will not mail until check clears, though.

You have a 1940 Chrysler Royal Woodie wagon? Chrysler made a 1949 and 50 Royal woodie 4 door wagon

I have a 40 Chrysler woodie royal -- need radio wood trim steering wheel fan pulley ?chrome grille _have to see_ woodie has unique grille transmission solenoid transmission motor mounts

let me know price thanks

Greg, we decided we better keep the solenoid...one of ours isnt wired properly so we better hang on to it. We will lijely be selling iit when we get the 51 traveler fitted with its new 265. I dont hAve the mounts out yet but will get pic when I do. How does 30 for the mounts sound?

CARS OF CHAOS, I did try to push the brake pedal on the two that are uncovered...both pedals are stuck. I am not sure you are interested in them. I can take them apart and send you photos or video of the insides. I am open to offers.

I got a pic of the steering column we know we are selling. The guy we got it from said its from a 49 dodge car. I also took pics of the electrical stuff on top...for the tranny in the 50 chrys. Royal. I will share and you can let me know if you are interested in a month or so. Hubby doesnt want to take anything off the 50 royal motor until we get te 265 in the traveler and running...cuz it is stock and complete so he wants to use it for reference.

notice the damage on the steering wheel. It will need restored but would be pretty easy.

IMG_20140627_155200.jpg

IMG_20140627_155250.jpg

IMG_20140627_155351.jpg

My Chrysler royal woodie is a 1949 I typed 40 by mistake==I could also use resistor circuit breaker if u could give me a price I want to have a spare they burn out fast. the radio is specific for the 49 woodie so send me pics thanks for the pics they are great and I do have pay pal.

We have to make a parts run to get camaro frontend that hubby found on craigslist.....i will get to those parts when we get back friday. Where would I find the resistor? I think that yard will be closed for the 4th hholiday..but i will be going by one of the days to get a spare chassis we pbought for my 51 chevy. If heis open i will get pics of it and see if he knows what it came out of.

Sorry to put ya on hold.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Angie paypal address is Lrdperfect@aol.com my email is gregnatale@Verizon.net please send a pic of the fanpulley my engine is a 6 cylinder spitfire. resistor circuit breaker is on metal bar that is attached to manifold has wires going to battery and tranny and ignition - a small square box above the coil thanks I do need the fan pulley soon thanks also need radio and chrome grille chrome interior seats ashtray plus a lot more

Here is thepulley I pulled off the 50 windsor...it was much easier to get to than the royal. I noticed it is bigger where the belt rides though. I took a pic of both together. Can you tell if your crank pulley fits a fatter belt? They both came off a spitfire.

I have this one cleaned up but can get the other one if you need the narrower one.

20140714_190716.jpg

Brian, yes it looks like the body mount perches are good on both cars. Here are pics of the ones readily available for photographing. They are on the windsor. I prefer to take the body off the 50 royal first, though...because that is the one I am currently stripping. How would yousuggest removing them? I was thinking cutting torch the frame around tthem or maybe grind the welds...what do you think? Also, do you know how many there are? Do you need them all? These look rusty but are solid...all the rust is on surface.

20140716_092757.jpg

20140716_092824.jpg

Greg, did you get my email and invoice? The pulley is packaged up ready to ship. You mentioned you need seats. If you want the front and rear frames i would take 230 plus shipping for it all...and i could tarp and pallet them (200 for seats 30 for tarp, pallet, and fuel to town to take to a freight shipper). We shipped a motor to texas and it was only 125 bucks. Anyhow, the front seat has the handles and ashtray on back. It is solid and I removed the rails with it. It needs redone. The back springs are rusty. Not sure on how easy to rebuild them but there is metal left, its just rusty. i am open to offers if the price seems high. Ipriced based on comparables on ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Greg, I keep meaning to ask if you found the baggie with the bolts. I figured if you didn't have the pulley you wouldnt have bolts so I just threw them in. Let me know if you find anything else you need. Off of any of these cars.

Angie. Still interested in circuit breaker resistor has 4 wires attached near carb. There are 2separare seats in the back not a bench seat in the royal Woodie. I got the fan pulley and screws. Perfect and installed

Also any chrome grill =fender=bumper remember 49 Chrysler royal Woodie and I also new glass side window driver and also driver window and longer rear driver side glass

• 2 weeks later...
We have a 50 windsor, 50 royal, and 55 dodge lancer parts cars...we are beginning to dismantle them to sell. Please reply here or send a private message listing any parts you may need.

Do either of the 50's have any carpet left. I need a small piece no more than foot square on front passenger side. Strange request I know, but tryying to find decent piece to keep all original. The rest of mine is great. Also how about a complete transmission - don't need governor or solinoid, torque converter etc., just transmission. I'll let you know which kind of park brake I have - internal or external. Shipping may kill me, I'm zip 64086, but let me know.

Frank flkelley@comcast.net

Greg, we need to keep the carb and etc until we get the traveler going. I will let you know when it come available. We need to be sure to have everything we need for it.

Frank, no usable carpet. We would sell a transmission. Make us a fair offer. We can take down to a freight hauler and put on a pallet for you. Our zip is 99009....but we would take to spokane to ship freight.