Swedish lady run

Durkis

For the 14th time there was this meeting in Västerås, it is called 'Damrallyt'. It is a meeting whit about 150 or so classic cars, most american cars but some europeans. It is a all lady meeting, every driver and passengers are women and most of them dressed in clothes from the same time period as the car they drive.

As you can see there are lot of cars in really good condition.

About 11:30 in the movie comes our car, the purple Chrysler from 1951 with my wife as the driver.

And in the same town every year for the last 36 years there are one of europes biggest US car meetings and its called Big power meet. And this year it starts thursday 3 of July and going on til sunday 6 of July.

• 5 months later...

Hi!

Here in Sweden we have had this culture with american cars since early 1970s.

From the begining it was yonger boys and girls driving around, drinking, screaming and making older folks scared.

Now a days a lot of the people are the same, BUT a lot older, I would say that owners of american cars these days are somewhere between 20-65 years of age that still cruises down the streets in the summertime.

We have a lot of shops that buy cars in the US and take them here to sell and make money.

A nice driveable Chevy 55 in US you can get for maybye 12-15000$, shipping, registration and taxes you have paid...lets say 18000$ and you can sell it for 30-35000$.?

It is a fun hobby, the only thing is the gasprice in Sweden today we pay about 2$ for a liter (thats about 8$for a gallon).

My Chrysler needs about 1,7liters to drive 7 miles?. But it is good fun.