I have been lurking around the car hobby for a while and I decided it is time to jump in.I love mopars and I am on kind of budget which why I am posting to kind of see what is out there.I am looking for any pre 1980 mopar car that is either a project or driver.The budget I mentioned is $1500 or less.I know that is kind of a tall order but I know that these cars to still pop up for that price so if anyone knows of one for sale,if you could keep me in mind that would be great.I am in minnesota.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a pretty low budget. Scrap value for many of these cars is about $500, so your choice of cars is limited. I would suggest a '76-'80 Aspen or Volare (for that price range) as a starter car, but better would be a '49-'53 Plymouth or Dodge 4-door. These are great cars, but are a little homely and unloved by many collectors. You could probably find a nice one for around $5,000-$6,000 that wouldn't need too much work, if you'd rather start with something more complete. You could probably find a nice project from these years around $2,500-$3,500. Good luck and let us know what you find.