New Air Cleaner on our 63

Guest Kaber

Guest Kaber

Thanks to Darren I was able to buy a complete 63 401 air cleaner a couple of weeks ago. We stripped it, repainted it in gloss red, new ac filter and added new stickers. It turned out great. Now I can make a new adapter and interchange it with the dual snorkel Olds Toronado unit that was on the car when we got it! The test drive was to a Thursday cruise in in a neighboring town. My son drove and my daughter rode shotgun, I tried out the newly recovered back seat. It was quite comfy! It was sunny and about 72 degrees, what a great evening to spend cruising with my kids!

image_zps993a5345.jpg

image_zpsf5d7da8b.jpg

image_zps17614e06.jpg

here is the old one, we like it too but it needs some fabrication to make it fit and work properly....

2014-03-31122251_zpsb118ad79.jpg

Hey does anyone know of a source for the covering on the pre heat tube for the choke????

Tonight's Cruise....

image_zps087a3e7a.jpg

PIZZA!!!

image_zps0286085d.jpg

Cool truck at the cruise in!

image_zps719addc3.jpg

Guest Kaber

Thanks guys. I am working my way into detailing the engine and compartment. I touched up the brackets and rebuilt the starter and alternator. I added new belts and fuel hoses, that one thru the frame was a monster! I have new cap and rotor, Points and wires. I also have the upper and lower radiator hoses. The under side of the hood needs insulation and paint. Its getting there! I still want to sort out the heater and blower controls too. I am happy with the air cleaner. Now is prime cruising time and I don't want to tear it too far down at one time.

Tim

Guest clamshells

Great job on the restoration work the air cleaner looks excellent. My 66 Riviera GS had that same air clean only chrome. I see several styles of air cleaners on these cars but those are the best looking.

Edited by clamshells (see edit history)

Guest dwhiteside64

Looks really sweet Tim glad I could help. Nice to see you out with your family cruisin' the town - I was out last night doing the same. Weather here in Ohio/Michigan has been nice for last couple of days; very conducive for taking our machines out and giving them the exercise they need. :)

• 10 months later...
Guest Kaber
Beauty! Where did you get the stickers?

I bought them from Jim Osborne, I got them at the Springfield, Ohio Swap Meet, but I think he sells on line. Thanks guys!

Kaber