1927 Peerless Six-80 sedan

Hello all!

Alina, my very understanding wife and I are beginning to get this "ole" Peerless sedan running.

In our preparations, we are reviewing all documents we have for the car and thought we'd share some of that information with anyone who may be interested and/or who may also need such info for THEIR Peerless.

I am sure there are MANY people here who also have one of these cars (sic). :-)

So anyway, here is a link to a folder I've created for images of only the illustrations of the 1927 Peerless Instruction manual:

http://forums.aaca.org/members/truckmen/albums/1927-peerless-six-80-instruction-manual/

• 5 months later...

Nice to hear that Ralph & Alina. Are those serial numbers in the Owners Manual from your car, or did you buy the manual separately. Did you read on the Peerless Forum, "Peerless Parts For Sale Thread", that somebody has a complete Dash/Instrument Panel assembly for a '27 6-80 for sale + a Pair of Headlights? They're located in Niagara Falls and came from a 17,000-mile car in good shape cosmetically.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Nice to hear that Ralph & Alina. Are those serial numbers in the Owners Manual from your car, or did you buy the manual separately. Did you read on the Peerless Forum, "Peerless Parts For Sale Thread", that somebody has a complete Dash/Instrument Panel assembly for a '27 6-80 for sale + a Pair of Headlights? They're located in Niagara Falls and came from a 17,000-mile car in good shape cosmetically.

Hello Jeff,

re: those serial numbers: I need some time to make that determination. Our Peerless is in storage some miles away from us. Interesting; I should have known the answer right away. :-/

I did not see this ad about the complete dash. Would you have the link to the forum site where that add is located?

Ralph

Ralph,

I may have made a mistake on those parts, Ralph. The 1927 6-80 Manual mention and the 1927 on the thread title caused me to temporarily forget that your car may be a transitional(early) 1928 6-80. If that's the case, the dash wouldn't fit at all.

My apologies.

The dash in the ad is the same as the one in picture 2 of this manual, but I'm not sure that's what yours looks like. The '28 and '29 Peerlesses generally had the instrument panel with the oval glass covers, w/ 5 or 6 instruments behind them.

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)