Need some help on this identification....

keiser31

A friend took this photo and only this photo of this car. At a glance, it looks Chrysler product-like in nature. Who can tell me what car had those raised ridges along the hood sides?? I see that it is a three window coupe and no division in the center of the windshield. It looks to have ridges on the fenders, too. It almost looks like a Willys of around 1938. Thank you in advance.

post-37352-143142548477_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

It must be a 1938 then since it has a rear fender that protrudes at the front to meet the running board (which appears to be missing) and the door bottom does not pooch out and cover the running board on the car in question. Thanks very much for pointing the differences out.

I hate to lead you astray, John. The hood molding of the car on the pile looks like 39.The hood ornament confirms it. The more I compare the two the more differences I see. The hood and bumper are different but they don't show in your picture. This is another 39. You can see clearer with the light color. The door doesn't actually cover the running board like I thought.

01133f950e85dc6ab676279972095074.jpg

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)