1926 Peerless 4 dr Sedan For Sale

jkissing

1926 Peerless 4 door Sedan For Sale, Model 80 Serial A357469

This car has been owned by myself since the early 60' the 3rd owner. It is in restorable condition say 95% complete.

We live in the Pacific North West, Victoria, BC, Canada. post-98418-143142547306_thumb.jpgjkissing@uvic.ca

post-98418-143142547295_thumb.jpg

jkissing,

Thank you very much for writing the post about your 1926 Peerless! Welcome to the AACA Forums, also. I was hoping that having the PEERLESS FORUM would finally persuade people with Peerlesses unknown to us to stop in and talk about them, whether for sale, with questions, or discussing the unique place the Peerless Motor Car Company has in American automaking. Finally, after seven years, that's starting to happen.

I will list your car in KPAIE today. That will add to the list of known surviving cars and trucks worldwide {KPAIE is a spreadsheet listing all vehicles thought to still exist supported by post-1967 written or photographic documentation}. If you join the Peerless Motor Car Club, you can get access to it. $30 to join currently + $10 for an ad in the quarterly magazine THE PEERLESS CO-OPERATOR. You should join and sell your car there. Significantly more Peerless owners belong to the club than read this Peerless Forum. So far, anyway.

I have never heard of your car before....though there is a Peerless owner in B.C. we've totally lost track of named George Flello. Any connection to your car? Your model was one of the most popular Peerless cars: about 12,000 of the 1st Series Model 6-80 cars were built in '26 and '27, including one just like yours owned by Detroit legend Louis Chevrolet.

Anyway, welcome to the Peerless Forum! Someone else from British Columbia has a recent thread about a "1930 Peerless Sedan For Sale". There is also a 1913 and a 1929 Peerless in BC. For some reason, some of the best Peerlesses are in Canada. Please tell us some of the background of your car if you get a chance.

Thank you,

Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

In 1926, the more expensive cars the company made were the Mod. 6-72* at $1,900-$2,700; and the 8-69 for $3,000-$3,800. Peerless introduced their first Continental-engined car, the 6-80, in 1926. The original owner of your car would have paid more than $1,600 USD** That was a relatively good deal [one is getting a Peerless, 4-wheel hydraulic brakes, and a car that could be driven at 70 m.p.h.] -- but still something of a luxury -- as he could have had 3 Chevs or 4 Fords instead!

* The 6-70 was no longer made in 1926.

** $1,595 + freight to west coast + tax + dealer options(bumpers, cigarette lighters, tire pressure gauge, etc.)

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)