Aftermarket shop manual 1949 Windsor?

Are there any available manuals for my 1949 Windsor besides the Chrysler shop manual? I have a Haynes Manual for my old motorcycle and it is leagues ahead of the Chrysler manual in terms of detailed instructions and diagrams. Cannot seem to find anything besides the Chrysler one.

The 1949 - 1950 Chrysler models "Blue" shop manual is an excellent manual. I've used mine for over 35 years. It's got it all.

If you has enough cash buy a "National Service Data" manual that covers your year of chrysler. They cover several years like 1947-1956 ect.

They are usually over 8" thick and sell for a lot of $$$$.

They include Parts#'s for some parts .

You could also start buying the Ross Roy dealershipr service records and filmstrips or watch them online if you are into it that much. I have over 300 of them.

Edited by c49er (see edit history)

Have you looked at the Motors or Chilton repair manuals? I find them to be a good supplement to the factory manual in that they were written for repair garages and have procedures that can complement the "how to" descriptions in the shop manual. Prices are reasonable too, from about $15 to $35.

Terry

The Motors manual and the Chilton manual will cover many brands besides your Chrysler. They are on ebay. Look up Motors manuals and you will see what I mean. The edition, such as 20th, 14th, ect will determine the years it covers. You will most likely want a 21st edition or earlier.

Terry