1928 Chrysler 72 Headlight and 3 lenses

For Sale

I have 1 headlight for a model 72 with a few dings, dents, scratches, etc. The reflector and lens are fairly descent. $50 OBO + shipping

There is also 3 other used lenses for this light, Depressed Beam part # 10095 (10 15/32 X 9 19/32 ) $12 each + shipping from Las Vegas

post-64655-143142536931_thumb.jpg

post-64655-143142536957_thumb.jpg

post-64655-14314253698_thumb.jpg

post-64655-143142537001_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

28 Chrysler are these still available and do you have any other reflectors. I am after 2 reflectors, 2 lenses and 2 of the retaining rims. the picture below is all I have of the lights and there are very few spares here in Australia. How much for just the lenses as think would be too expensive to post complete light but I would be interested in the light and spare lenses.

Mcgoo

post-100001-143142636587_thumb.jpg

The head light buckets are the same but the mounting brackets are different.

Yours appears to be a Model 62. The Model 62 had a thicker headlight ring and a smaller lens than the 72's.

The reflector, ring, and lens should fit your buckets with little work, but you would have to find a matching reflector and ring.

Here is a photo of a Model 62 light with a smaller lens and the thicker ring.

post-64655-143142637692_thumb.jpg

Guest art s

Hello 28 Chrysler, We have two model 72s. I have a question. Someone once told me the 72 was the lowest model with the high beam indicator in the top rear of the bucket, did the 62 have the same indicator? After I look closer I see the electrical mounting does not come up through the stancion like our 72s, could those buckets he has have come off of a later model 70?

Edited by art s (see edit history)

The Model 62's had the indicator jewel on many, some did not have them. The 62's the electric connecter is on the lower back of the head light bucket while I think both the 72's and Imperial had the wires going through the head light mount.

Notice on Mcgoo's photo the head lights mount with the typical bolt instead of the threaded tube.

It seems there are many different lights used By Chrysler, open / closed cars, mid year changes, Canadian, Painted / plated, in all the Models and most of the early years.

• 2 weeks later...
The Depress Beam lenses you will need for your head lights are the Mazda lamp #1110 and the size is 9 7/16 X 8 1/2 part # 900 - A

I hope this helps

Chrysler 28 I have attached a link, could you have a look and tell me if these rims would be right for my headlight.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pair-Of-Vintage-Car-Headlight-Rims-1920-1930-Alloy-Chrysler-or-Dodge-Chev-/151369014716?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233e4bddbc

If I understand right, I have Model 62 buckets, and will need 9 7/16 x 8 1/2 lenses, correct?

What size rims would I need, does anyone know what size, I need to look for, as I,m heading to a swap meet this weekend and am hoping to find something.

Many thanks

McGoo

Those on E Bay are for the 1924 - early 1926 Model B & G and are about 9 3/4".

The 8 1/2" is the size of the inside opening of the ring, the outside will be the diameter of your head light bucket, it should be about 10 5/8" or so.

The reflector you need will have the out side dimension of 10 1/2" and the outside of the raised bead for the gasket will be about 8 7/8".

The reflector will have 2 bulb sockets, one in the center and 1 near the top it may or may not have a hole to light up the jewel.

Good luck at the swap meet.

I may have a K.P.H. speedometer coming up for sale, if my M.P.H. can be redone.