Pierce Arrow Hearse.1930.

Nos.eddy

:)I have this Pierce Arrow Hearse,would like to know the builder,it's a1930 by the serial #,how many

1930 were built? It was a inline 8,the Hearse is light bleu.

I belong to the PIerce Arrow S,any information would be helpful.

post-100662-14314253691_thumb.jpg

post-100662-143142536914_thumb.jpg

post-100662-143142536918_thumb.jpg

post-100662-143142536923_thumb.jpg

post-100662-143142536927_thumb.jpg

Looks like the car was updated with a 1938 License plate light and fender skirts as well as tail lights. Das is either late 29 or 30. Need more detailed photos, as the 29 and 30 cars can be hard to correctly ID. Looks like split ring wheels with later hub caps. Where is the car located? It will probably take a marque expert to ID the builder. With lots more photos I may be able to help you out. PM me for my direct email address. Ed

Pierce Arrow Society records list the car as a 1930 Series B on a 139 inch chassis. The notes say it's converted from a Limo as it has a divider window. Looks like the job was well done. If I could see the coachwork wood I could give a better answer. Best guess, it was done in Philadelphia Pa. by a company who's name escapes me known for building and converting cars to ambulance, hearse, and invalid coach. I published a pamphlet from them in the CCCA Bulletin in the early 90's. One would think that they would have used a car from the series A with a longer chassis. Please post more photos or send them to me by email. What do you plan to do with the car? Thanks, Ed

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like my old deceased buddy Milt Maybee's hearse that he pulled out of Northern Quebec 40 years ago. As a matter of fact the pictures look like they were taken at his old place on Anoka Street, Ottawa.

Milt was a hot rodder but to his credit he realized the value of leaving this one as found.

• 3 weeks later...
That looks like my old deceased buddy Milt Maybee's hearse that he pulled out of Northern Quebec 40 years ago. As a matter of fact the pictures look like they were taken at his old place on Anoka Street, Ottawa.

Milt was a hot rodder but to his credit he realized the value of leaving this one as found.

Hi Barry,your right,the Pierce Arrow Hearse is Milt car I got it from Milt before he move.

am your friend Eddy with the 1914 scripp booth ,hope thing are good with you.Eddy L.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It's a 30 series B as I listed above. Yes your photos provide a few clues . While I would like to see more of them, there's enough there to hazard a guess . I would look at companies that build Ford station wagon bodies . There were alot of "back alley shops" in the day I could do this kind of work . We were quite a few firms that also build custom truck bodies for commercial applications that could've been able to do this also . Overall it's an interesting application to a used car that didn't have much value when they did the conversion . By 1937 or 38 there would've been a little to choose from up north to convert to a hearse. From the looks of the dash probably ran into the 50s. Several people have restored Pierce Arrow hearses. If you got to go it's not a bad way to go! The best market for the car is the professional car society. Traditionally they don't bring much money , my guess would be that it's a conversion and also hurt . I think it's terrific piece of history . I would like to see it at a Pierce Arrow Society meet some day. Thanks for the photos. Ed