Need Some Help/Info. On Buick Accessory

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

I'm trying to find more information on an official Buick accessory called a "Dynalite". Not many folks have heard of this doohickey. It illuminates the shift quadrant on Dynaflow cars 1948-1952 ALL and 1953 Series 40. Does anyone have any info. on this that they would like to share? I have some info. and some great pictures but more knowledge would be great.

One thing I would love to have is a HIGH RESOLUTION scan or picture of the 1953 Accessory Catalog showing this part. I'm told this was where the Dynalite first appeared in print. Anyone have one of those catalogs? Dynalite, Group No. 4.038, Part No. 981304.

You can send anything you have to: shadetree77@yahoo.com.

• 3 months later...
Guest shadetree77

Finally got myself a Dynalite! Thanks to Ben (aka beerczar1976). He so kindly contacted me when he came across an EBAY auction listing for a 1950 Dynaflow shift quadrant. There was absolutely no mention of there being a Dynalite in the auction. I guess the seller just thought the Dynalite was a stock part of the quadrant. Many thanks to Ben for having a sharp eye and letting me know. I'll take more photos when I get a chance to install it.

post-75106-143142709173_thumb.jpg

Hey buddy! I was wondering if you ever checked into that listing. Good to see you finally got your hands on one. Mine's still sitting in the packaging from the seller I got it from. Been busy last few weekends, and not much progress done on my '50 Special. Managed to get the grille/bumper combo., or at least most of it put back on the car and painted my air cleaner. Hoping to finish those two items up and mount the side trim this week in the evenings. Before you know it, it'll be time to put the car up for the winter since it's not really in a total driver status yet. Gotta save up for new tires and windshield gasket. Next year should be a good one with most of the bigger projects now done!

• 2 weeks later...