1921 Studebaker Model EJ light Six ( BARN Find in 2003)

Hi all,

Just wondering how many members have a similar car to the 1921 EJ LIGHT Six I purchased yesterday. An impromptu visit with one of my Terraplane buddies to a true and blue Studebaker guy resulted in the purchase of a 1921 EJ Light Six.

Another unscheduled purchase on my part, but could not let this one slip through my fingers as it was a genuine "Barn Find" that Al purchased in 2003. The body on the car is exceptional, and the engine actually ran after he brought it home. Al started the restoration 10 years ago by disassembling the car and carefully tagged and bagged the parts with appropriate notations so that it would facilitate reassembly at a future date. According to Al, he has all the parts ( except for top of rad cap ) and literature and materials to complete the restoration. Frame has all new bushings, grease nipples etc. and is completly refurbished and ready for the body. Wheels are all redone with new rubber and ready to roll. Al has travelled extensively in the US with his Studebakers and has bought many duplicate parts for this project so there might be few things coming up for sale in the near future. Stay tuned to this thread as this is where I will post up any extras that will be available. This is a Canadian built car with a clean title registered in the province of Ontario.

I am not sure what I will do with it as I am currently in the final stages of finishing off a 1935 Terraplane 5 window Coupe which will go for paint and interior this coming winter.

So enough said! Who has one of these Studebakers......I would like to hear from you all!

Doug

post-68297-143142529007_thumb.jpg

Hi Doug,

I have a 1923 Light Six Touring car that I'm doing a frame off/nut and bolt restoration on. This weekend I should have a rolling chassis with engine, driveline, brakes and steering, so all those little bags of parts that I created when I disassembled the car are finally going back together. Let me know if you need anything identified. I also have a large number of Light Six parts in case you are looking for something and I'm only 8 hours west of you:-) By the way - that's not the original radiator cap.

Scott

smrdeza@lentel.com

Hi Doug,

I have a 1923 Light Six Touring car that I'm doing a frame off/nut and bolt restoration on. This weekend I should have a rolling chassis with engine, driveline, brakes and steering, so all those little bags of parts that I created when I disassembled the car are finally going back together. Let me know if you need anything identified. I also have a large number of Light Six parts in case you are looking for something and I'm only 8 hours west of you:-) By the way - that's not the original radiator cap.

Scott

smrdeza@lentel.com

Scott,

I kind of thought that it might not be right cap from the pics in the literature I got with the car. Do you know of a good source for an original or a repro?

Also, thanks for the comment on he cap......maybe someone here has one.

Regards,

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...