Can anybody tell me something about this car?

Guest Michael_Wild

Guest Michael_Wild

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum to find out exactly what kind of car I have at my hands. From what I gather, it is a Lincoln Model KB, built in 1934. Does anybody have an idea as to which company built the body of this car (my guess would be Willoughby, but I am not sure about that). What is the correct name for that body-type?

Since I can't get the picture upload to work, here's a link to the pictures: www.tinyurl.com/Lincoln-KB

Thanks for any help!

Mike from Switzerland

Guest Michael_Wild

Thanks for the confirmation. By "Ford's own", you mean Edsel Ford's personal car? Would there be any way to find out about this?

The sad thing is, I have some documentation about it leading back to 1996, but that is nothing compared to it's age. Before 1996, it's just a black hole, since the previous owner has died and apparently taken all papers to the grave. I have spent quite some time looking for hints in and around the car about its history, but not been able to find anything other than an obviously non-original type-identification (it's written in german...). Do you have an idea as to where to look exactly for a hint?

Guest Michael_Wild

Ah. I was getting excited by my thought, but then again, I guess it was pretty silly:p. Of course, that would explain why I can't find any information on the car. I thought this was quite strange, I totally expected a little plate or something where they would put their company name/logo/... .Do you guys have an idea what the body type is called? For better reference, here is an old advertisement with the same body type (although it is a model KA...): http://www.classiclincolns.com/Gallery/albums/classic-advertisements/1934lincoln_007.jpg . Thanks a lot!

The body type is "limousine", which means that the passenger compartment can be separated from the driver's area with the roll up partition window shown in one of your photos. It is more accurately, for the time period, called an "enclosed drive limousine", as the driver is in an entirely closed part of the car. There were cars at the time that had the driver out in the open, with no roof, and these are called "town cars" or open drive limousines.....

To me it doesn't look like a custom bodied car, but rather one that was designed in the Lincoln styling department and built in house.....that does nothing to take away what a nice car you have there....