Where is the membership directory?

Beltfed

I have been a paid member of the Lincon-Zephyr Owners Club for over a year and have yet to receive a membership directory. Am I expecting too much? Do they no longer publish it?

If you don't mind, I need to vent a little about the mag. In the latest issue January-February 2014, they devoted 7 of 28 pages to one car. It's a 1940 Lincoln-Zephyr town limousine. Yes I read the article but felt that 25% of the issue was over the top. Then they have three pages devoted to "winter fronts". For you guys that don't receive the mag, that's the canvas or whatever you put in front of the grill. That's their tech article for this issue. Jee, some of us are trying to make sense of piles of Zephyr parts, where they go and how they fit. And we get a tech tip on "winter fronts". Maybe I'm to late for this dance.

I'll get off my soap box now. Thanks

Guest jimreid
I have been a paid member of the Lincon-Zephyr Owners Club for over a year and have yet to receive a membership directory. Am I expecting too much? Do they no longer publish it?

If you don't mind, I need to vent a little about the mag. In the latest issue January-February 2014, they devoted 7 of 28 pages to one car. It's a 1940 Lincoln-Zephyr town limousine. Yes I read the article but felt that 25% of the issue was over the top. Then they have three pages devoted to "winter fronts". For you guys that don't receive the mag, that's the canvas or whatever you put in front of the grill. That's their tech article for this issue. Jee, some of us are trying to make sense of piles of Zephyr parts, where they go and how they fit. And we get a tech tip on "winter fronts". Maybe I'm to late for this dance.

I'll get off my soap box now. Thanks

the magazine is a great help in getting info from the parts dealers and info on upcoming events it is what it is--jim in florida will be in gilmore for opening day

I've only been a member for a couple of issues. I'm enjoying the magazine. Is it perfect? No, but I still look forward to opening it when it comes. I will second the request for a tech article that can help me keep this mysterious V12 up and running.

I have only been a member for ony a few years but am amazed that with so few members that they can even produce the TWOZ. My hat is off to the editor and staff for their dedication in doing the best under difficult circumstances. We are in a shrinking world my Lincoln Zephyr friends.

Guest jimreid

lee will be at gilmore on sat. only will be 3 hours north of gilmore and not get there till noon would like to bring the car (you saw it at mirrow lake ,lakeland fl.-42 -3 window - ) will get to see your hard work there jim in florida

Guest Jim Zephyr

I don't think I have received a new directory for the past two years, the new distribution system is lacking in some way.

The magazine is a gem. The beauty of Dave Cole is his appreciation for detail and the ability to exhaust a subject. Many of the older issues have great tech articles, strive to get them all. I think its one of the best magazines out there - nothing but HV-12s to savor...

• 1 year later...

Well the long awaited LZ Club Directory is here!  Mine came in the mail today, so if you have not received it yet, you can look forward to getting it soon!  A very helpful tool, thanks to all the volunteers who gave their personal time to make it happen, as well as the sponsors that made it financially possible!! Cheers, Paul

I did receive mine with the latest issue of the mag. As noted above, with such a small (and getting smaller) membership I agree it's a a wonder we have a magazine to read at all. Being from the world of horse power and tire smoke it is hard to slow down and enjoy the way Ford and others made their cars in the first place.