Which Stutz are these?

Guest kafkan

Guest kafkan

post-100888-143142527229_thumb.jpg

I am working on genealogy and came across this photo. As best as I can tell they are Stutz Motors.

Can anyone figure the model? The "AAA" on the front is different than anything I can find and I'm not sure of the year.

Thanks for any information!

Hi,

The cars are Series "AA" Stutzes which were built in 1926 through 1927. The "AAA" badge is not a Stutz badge but an Automobile Association of America badge such as the photo included. Do you know anything about the photo such as who the people are, why they have 3 Stutzes, when or where it was taken?

Steve

post-31176-143142527251_thumb.jpg

Guest kafkan

Pughs, thanks so much for the fast reply.

The man in the center of the photo, with his hand in his pocket is my great-great grandfather Wylie Pollard. He was sheriff of Potter county Texas from 1924-1929 (you can just see his badge). I have tracked down the "Tomey Chisum Distribution" and found out that it was located at 11th and Polk street in Amarillo, Texas. I've also found photos which confirm the location.

Maybe the Stutze AA was used by the sheriff's office because of its speed, maybe these are Pollard's deputies. Pollard died in 1931, so this photo must be after 1926 but before 1931.

Kafkan,

If you could scan it at a much higher resolution so that I can enlarge it, I would like to add it to my collection of Stutz photos. If this is possible please send it via private message. Thank you.

Steve