What clock do you have in your Marmon?

ricosan

Good Morning Everyone,

I purchased my 1932 Marmon about 8 months ago and I am working on a slow restoration. All of the gauges appear to be originals except for the clock. I've been searching for several months for a clock to replace the "VDO" clock presently located in the glove compartment. What kind of clocks would have been installed from the factory? Anyone have a clock for sale?

ricosan

post-97329-14314252661_thumb.jpg

Guest kaycee

Earlier Marmons, but my 1927 Little Eight and complete parts car both have Sterling Electric brands in the instrument panels, and both work. Neither clock is for sale.

kaycee

Thank you for that information Kaycee. I'm not even sure that this model came with a clock. This may have been an add-on by one of the previous owners. Also because of the opening and closing of the glove compartment, I suspect this was not an electric clock. I'll keep my eye out for a Sterling wind up clock.

ricosan

Guest kaycee

Hi Ricosan,

Both my clocks are original and electric and built right in the instrument panel with the gauges,and one of my '27s came from the original owner. I'll check the model 8 125 owners manual or brochure that I have and see if a clock was available or an option on your car and let you know.

kaycee.