down side to entering my car in Buick National?

Hi all,

I am a newby in this game, have a 56 Buick Special. I've been fixing up a few things as I can getting her closer to original. She's not there yet, but I'm gaining on it. I'm just wondering since the Buick National is in my back yard practically this year, should i enter her, knowing she is not yet where I want her to be? Are there any downsides to entering a car too soon? I'm thinking maybe I could come away with some guidance on what else is needed if nothing more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anne

Thanks Mr. Fan,

I'd love to see pictures, especially under the hood. The body and interior on mine are pretty good, and truthfully as good as they'll get by July National. But I'm sure under the hood and in the trunk there are things I can do.

Anne

Ok, thanks for the encouragement everyone. Rosie (named for all the Rosie the Riveters that helped get this country through the war so I could be born) and I will be there. We might even bring my hubby. Rosie runs, stops, lights, heater, horn and radio work, and she looks pretty. I need to clean up under the hood, in the trunk, and steam clean the headliner between now and July. Then the judges can tell me what's next!

post-98451-143142545734_thumb.jpg

See you in Portland!

Anne

post-98451-143142545679_thumb.jpg

post-98451-143142545708_thumb.jpg

A beautiful '56! But that tachometer or whatever it is mounted on top of the steering wheel should be the first thing to go. At least take it off before you enter the car for judging in the BCA meet. You can put it back on after the meet, if you really want to keep it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Tx