I need to sell my like new '91 Reatta convertible

Guest kennykathie

Guest kennykathie

Due to incoming medical bills I really need to sell my '91 Reatta convertible. It only has 8569 miles and is museum shape. It would absolutely be like buying a new car.... except for the few mile it has. I don't know or think that it's ever even seen rain. It stickered for $36,500. I have it listed on Ebay, and if anybody bid on it, they could probably get it for $18,000. I know that's a chunk of money for a Reatta, but this thing is just awesome. The pictures on my listing don't do it justice. If you want a show winner, this would be it. Here's the link to it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141290803972?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Due to incoming medical bills I really need to sell my '91 Reatta convertible. It only has 8569 miles and is museum shape. It would absolutely be like buying a new car.... except for the few mile it has. I don't know or think that it's ever even seen rain. It stickered for $36,500. I have it listed on Ebay, and if anybody bid on it, they could probably get it for $18,000. I know that's a chunk of money for a Reatta, but this thing is just awesome. The pictures on my listing don't do it justice. If you want a show winner, this would be it. Here's the link to it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141290803972?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I had never seen the engine compartment of the 91 convertible - it has a cover bolted over the battery whereas the 91 coupes have a metal bar.

I only have to loosen one bolt on the bar to remove the battery.

I wonder what Buick was thinking to change that on the convertible models? Seems like the battery is just harder to get to and service it.

SOso nice no-one wants to buy it for a daily driver, like just for a "new" car?

You need a buyer who will treasure it like you have. I hardly believe the stuff they say on the nightly noos. Our economy is poor right now. With the economy in the tank those specialty buyers are fewer and further between I guess. Good luck.

Those stamped triangular plates replaced the tubular reinforcements on the roadsters to improve body rigidity (reduce cowl shake). Yes, it makes access to the battery more difficult but it serves a purpose.

And I have to agree it will take a special buyer for this car. The car is beautiful and as close to new as can be found I'd imagine. Problem is, if one were to buy it and drive it with any regularity, they will increase the mileage and the amount of wear and tear, thereby reducing the value and taking away much of what makes a car like this so special.

So, someone with a chunk of money who wants to add a garage queen to their collection is the likely buyer. Regrettably those buyers are not so great in numbers, and the ones who are buying are not generally considering a Reatta.

If I had the funds I'd buy it, but would end up driving it regularly. That, ultimately, would make it just another nice daily driver once miles started piling up. It would be a shame for that to happen when it has been so meticulously maintained at low mileage for the last 23 years.

Of course, this may not matter from the seller's perspective, but I would still feel a certain amount of regret over it.

I do hope it sells to someone who can appreciate its value beyond just the price paid and will maintain it with that in mind.

KDirk

Those stamped triangular plates replaced the tubular reinforcements on the roadsters to improve body rigidity (reduce cowl shake). Yes, it makes access to the battery more difficult but it serves a purpose.

KDirk

Thanks for the enlightenment. ;)

• 4 months later...

What a beautiful car! I am always torn by cars that have not been driven. They look so good years later unmolested but they were never enjoyed and driven. I have been looking for a 1991 vert but a little more of a fixer upper perhaps. I hope your health issues aren't too dire, God bless and good luck.