SPECIAL NUMBER PLATE S 31833 PA. DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE PENNSYLVANIA and DEARBORN RALLY 1951 PLAQUE

Stutz in the UK

Dear All

I am trying to carry out some research - any information would be useful please.

Attached to the engine side of the wooden bulkhead on my 1917 Stutz Roadster is a metal plate

It reads:

SPECIAL NUMBER PLATE S 31833 PA. DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE PENNSYLVANIA

Does anyone know what this plate is for please, or when it was issued? My car is now in the UK and came to the UK from Italy. I don't have very much history of the car before it went to Italy.

However, from another plate (or to be precise, a rally plaque), attached this time to the drivers side of the bulkhead, I know the car was at some time in Dearborn. This plate says 'Greenfield Village, Dearborn, Michigan 1951, Veteran Motor Car Club of America'. Is this near the Henry Ford Foundation? Does anyone have a programme from this rally that might list a previous owner or some of the cars history please?

Any information would be useful regarding either plate please

Thank you, Regards Dave

• 9 months later...
Guest cory777

I am also trying to get information on my 1959 Corvette with a Special Number Plate put on drivers door post. It reads:

SPECIAL NUMBER PLATE

SH 5932

DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

PENNSYLVANIA

It is attached with rivets.

What happened to the original VIN? We can't find it anywhere on the frame or anywhere else. Why would PA issue this special number? Can we get the original VIN number back? How?

Thanks!