First Time showing at Hershey in 2014

AnniesSS

I've been going to local and larger regional shows for years, but will be entering my 1989 Suburban in the "daily driver" (I know that's not the correct name) class at Hershey this year and wondered what to expect as this show is leaps and bounds different from the rest. We will be driving up from Raleigh NC and hoping it doesn't rain - as usual.

All of you veterans who have been there and done that, please fill me in on the ins and outs of showing at Hershey! Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading your tips, tricks and stories :)

You are right. The fall meet is different based on size, the number of days, and the amount of activities. Make sure you register on time and read the tri-fold. There are several threads already on here that will tell you about activities, restaurants, judging, clothing, etc. The correct name of the class is DPC. Again, make sure you register by the deadline of August 15th as it is strict.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I can enter the HPOF class because part of the truck was painted by the original owner. However, is the judging manual what I received when I joined, or something else?

Thanks John :)

AnniesSS,

You might want to get a copy of the AACA judging manual to review the DPC class, and make sure you may or may not want HPOF class.

John

Where can I find this?

Look for registration for Fall Hershey to become available somewhere around July 1st. I will warn you--once you go, you WILL be coming back every year from then on!! It is truly the greatest car show on Earth...

Like I said, my father in law has been going for over 40 years as a spectator.... Being hooked on this show won't be a bad thing in our family ;)

You can go to the AACA homepage at aaca.org and then click on the publications tab. From there, you can download a pdf copy of the Judging Guidelines for free.