Virginia Divisional Tour

The AACA Divisional Tour hosted by the Northern Neck Region is now in the history book. Many thanks to Wayne Burgess and his helpers that made this tour enjoyable. We had heat, sun and a little rain to make it interesting. A few people refered to the boat as the Ark.

Many Thanks.

Donna and Bussie Shaffer

Patti and Bob Giles

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

Now Bob, you know it wasn't that bad Friday. Why, I was out there directing parking myself Friday morning to the ark...er..boat! Did I mention that my 98 cent rain coat was not up to the job?

My legs are still sore from the Friday walking, but I will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Wayne

PS, guess I'll add one teaser, a nice '37 Chrysler Limo. (An Earl Beauchamp Jr. Picture) This picture is in front of the Mattiponi Baptist Church not far from King & Queen Courthouse, our destination for the day. A local church member shared the local history of the church with our touring guests.

post-31395-143142521665_thumb.jpg

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

Guest Bookreader

This was a wonderful tour. Time to socialize, time to enjoy each venue and the rain was not worth mentioning as we were on a boat and it even stopped while boating. Wayne and group did a great job. Yes, Wayne probably had the worst of it in the rain as he was directing us into the parking with his 98 cent raincoat. The return to land was filled with sunshine and more good touring as we learned of the Tappahannock history on the Rappahannock River. The great part that afternoon was also enjoying the music of Mike Burgess.

Great food, great history and family's that opened their hundreds of years old homes to show us their generational history from Colonial time to the present. The docents in the homes were the present generation of the original builders of these plantation homes.