Model 20 Oil or Grease Cups?

MochetVelo

My Hupmobile 20 has about 20 grease cups on the chassis, but the Book of Instruction says "Take your oil can and place a few drops in the following oil cups:" [14 cups listed). I'm thinking some of these should be oil cups rather than grease cups, but which ones?

Here is a video showing a Model 20 in Tucson which has some nice shots of the oil & grease cups. Not sure if they are correct, however. I like the way the video noses around under the car.

Phil

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SvVtaqrN_G4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)

post-31482-143142530682_thumb.jpgPicture of my Model 20 as found, serial number in the 5800 range so mid year 1910, there were no provisions for oil or grease on front shackles, bolts were solid.....now, let me explain about the cat....I'm not a cat person at all, in fact allergic to them.....but at the time picture was taken, my brother and I were running a cotton gin and cattle feed business in Louisiana...and anyone who's ever been around cattle feed knows it attracts rats, and we kept a few cats around to help control the rats....they had quite a job, I saw rats at that place that were half the size of that cat or more, seriously big critters....

I bought 18 of those cups from Langs (currently on back order). They are solid brass, while most similar cups are cadmium plated. Also, the price is the lowest I've seen by far. They also sell a nice oil cup I used on the king pins. Both these have 1/8" threads that fit the Hupp.

Phil