1935 2 door dictator needing part source

Guest stuben

Guest stuben

post-100811-143142632705_thumb.jpg

Doug.

I've yet to locate the trunk latches I need, and main bearings are all Std size

Im looking to put a 1947 stright six from a land cruser with overdrive tranny in it, i can get that for $400

Then the parts would be alittle better for future availablity.

Lots of luck to you Doug

Guest stuben

That is not my car, that is a friend of the community car he sent a photo of, I have a long way till my St Regis is where your hearst is. I live in Mishawaka Indiana

Doug you missed a auction in your area. http://gpsold.com/auction/don-and-carolyn-wells-living-estate-auction/ I made the trip. Don had parted out 4 35s. They did a poor job of advertising and weren't car people doing the auction. Things went cheap. Alot went to scrappers. Send a photo of the door latches you need. I got some at the auction. Also stuben, I got the rear panel and trunk lid that has some latches and trim pieces. It might be what you need.

Rex

studebakerclassics.com

Guest stuben

Hi All,

i went on a recognance run to the origin of my stude,

We first went to the barn where it was recovered from and came up empty handed,

then we went to the great grand parents home which is overgrown and abanonded there we found

the licence plate (picture) and a trailer full of swap meet items, no door latches or my trunk latches

but i feel it was a worth while trip.

post-100811-143142648211_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

i went on a recognance run to the origin of my stude,

We first went to the barn where it was recovered from and came up empty handed,

then we went to the great grand parents home which is overgrown and abanonded there we found

the licence plate (picture) and a trailer full of swap meet items, no door latches or my trunk latches

but i feel it was a worth while trip.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]261920[/ATTACH]

Contact Mike Lenyo in Mishawaka. I believe he knows the history of your car.

Guest stuben

I was really wanting the plate to be the original but not for certain Rex you probally could pm me mikes contact or mine 574 340 4000

• 2 months later...

post-100811-143142774212_thumb.jpg

Hello, I've been contacted to help with someone else as far as Air cleaners and hood pivots and trunk latches, I'm still being patient as far as what I'm looking for

and answers I too need, mostly it seems the information I get is someone has what I'm looking for but cant find the time too look for it, or they know someone that has it

or knows more about something but cant come up with their contact information, I figure after I'm all done that's when someone will say hey that's the wrong horn or the wrong head light or air cleaner or I got one of those. My 35 no matter if I get the trunk latches or the right horn or what ever it is will be original to the first owner, if he broke it

or if he changed it then its original enough for me.

Thanks

post-100811-143142773848_thumb.jpg

post-100811-143142773861_thumb.jpg

post-100811-143142774183_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...