Outstanding customer service! happy customer

I am working on a car that was built for the 1969 movie "The Reivers" starring Steve McQueen, and co-staring a "1904 Winton Flyer" (Winton never made any such model) a brass car replica made in 1968 for the movie production by famed motorcycle customizer "Von Dutch" (born Kenneth Howard). The car, while looking "very 1904" is powered by a (then-modern)four cylinder engine/transmission from a small British car, either an MG Midget/A-H Sprite or possibly a Nash Metropolitan. The clutch slave cylinder is bad in it, and it's not exactly a car that you can call up, give them the make/model/year and ID the part right away. I called Engel Imports, whom I found through their website WWW.EnglishParts.com and dealt with Jane there. She is the most intelligent, informed parts person it has ever been my pleasure to work with over the phone, and I have been doing this for over 22 years, before there were websites, and all you had was the phone!

She really knows her British cars, and together we worked through bad casting numbers (difficult to to read, especially in place on the car) I emailed photos, and together we put a positive ID on the part and got one shipped that same day. As they are in Kalamazoo MI and we are just outside Detroit we are basically getting the part "overnight" with normal UPS ground shipping, a little bit of geographic luck.

I just can't say enough about the outstanding customer service I received, and the professionalism of Jane and the depth of her knowledge. I would recommend Engel to anyone needing parts for their English cars.

Edited by mrpushbutton (see edit history)