New NOS GM 1990 Reatta Trunk Pull-down on E-bay, 2 days left, $124.99 starting bid

acarcollector007

Never was any power pulldown on the Reatta. Found mostly on Cadillacs. Not sure why the seller has it listed that way. Probably not a bad price if you actually need one. Did the 88-93 Riviera have one maybe?

KDirk

FYI- The power pulldown would pull the trunk lid closed tight after pushing it down gently by hand to the point of contact. This negated the need to "slam" the trunk lid shut as with most cars. Was a luxury feature found mostly on Cadillacs and some Buick and Oldsmobile models.

It is not intended for a Reatta and would not work without modification. I can't see any reason for it on the Reatta. My DeVille has it and is a nice touch but really just a gimmick IMO.

KDirk

FYI- The power pulldown would pull the trunk lid closed tight after pushing it down gently by hand to the point of contact. This negated the need to "slam" the trunk lid shut as with most cars. Was a luxury feature found mostly on Cadillacs and some Buick and Oldsmobile models.

It is not intended for a Reatta and would not work without modification. I can't see any reason for it on the Reatta. My DeVille has it and is a nice touch but really just a gimmick IMO.

KDirk

My Olds Trofeo has it. I looked into putting it in the Reatta but you would have to cut the welds for the old hold down and weld in the new one and I do not think it is worth it either.
Thanks guys - I wouldnt be interested in it either. Pretty superficial - I was thinking more like "closes fully open deck lid by remote pushbutton" - ha ha.