TC Brake Accumulator is identical to ACDelco Part #25528382

No new information in this posting, only the posting name has been changed to make this easier to find six months from now.

With over 3 dozen alpha numeric digits stamped into the underside of the brake accumulator, the only noticeable differences I could find between the

ACDelco accumulator and the one it replaced are shape of the warning labels and what appears to be a stamped manufactures mark as seen to the left of the first set of numbers.

Sorry I was unable to get a good side by side photo of this as the accumulator is way to big to fit under my stereo microscope and my auto focusing camera won't focus through the lighted magnifier.

post-92395-143142511531_thumb.jpg

post-92395-143142511428_thumb.jpg

post-92395-143142511455_thumb.jpg

post-92395-14314251148_thumb.jpg

post-92395-143142511505_thumb.jpg

No new information in this posting, only the posting name has been changed to make this easier to find six months from now.

With over 3 dozen alpha numeric digits stamped into the underside of the brake accumulator, the only noticeable differences I could find between the

ACDelco accumulator and the one it replaced are shape of the warning labels and what appears to be a stamped manufactures mark as seen to the left of the first set of numbers.

Sorry I was unable to get a good side by side photo of this as the accumulator is way to big to fit under my stereo microscope and my auto focusing camera won't focus through the lighted magnifier.

So what are you trying to tell us Digger? The one available through Amazon is the same part as the ACDelco one. There are others, or at least one different one which is often supplied with remanufactured complete ABS units. It is larger in diameter and is therefore a tighter fit in the area provided for the accumulator.

Hey Hemi,

If you know who makes the larger diameter ball you could make a lot of old Ford T Bird and SC owners who are using the smaller diameter Delco unit in place of the larger Ford origional size accumulator plenty happy.

The Amazon lower priced "made by other manufacturer for Delco to Delco specs" came in a Delco box. They are pictured side by side on the work bench under the light, same dimensions from top of the allen socket to tip of threaded fitting. If it weren't for the difference in warning label and logol marking you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other. Maybe some of the others made by other manufacturers are slightly different in size, but the one I got is identical to the one it replaced.

Hey Hemi,

If you know who makes the larger diameter ball you could make a lot of old Ford T Bird and SC owners who are using the smaller diameter Delco unit in place of the larger Ford original size accumulator plenty happy.

The Amazon lower priced "made by other manufacturer for Delco to Delco specs" came in a Delco box. They are pictured side by side on the work bench under the light, same dimensions from top of the allen socket to tip of threaded fitting. If it weren't for the difference in warning label and logo marking you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other. Maybe some of the others made by other manufacturers are slightly different in size, but the one I got is identical to the one it replaced.

I do not know the other manufacturer, but those ACDelco ones are merely repackaged by Delco with their number. Delco does not make them...

Hemi Dude,

Good to see your smiling face back on the forum.

I hear that the people who bought Jaguar also bought one of the companies that make these accumulators, not to surprising as Jaguar used a lot of these over the years. This same ball was used on cars from Alpha Romero to Lotus and everyone of these companies has their own part number for this very same part, at very different prices. Was surprising to learn that Delco has a $600 pump that bolts into the TEVES II, but needs a different cable end to plug into the harness and it’s probably made by the same people. Given the choice between staying factory original for $1200, or changing the plug end on my wire harness to save $600, I wouldn’t hesitate to make the change. I don’t have that Delco part number yet, but I will eventually.

My project this month is to make the soft top water tight and I’m getting close. Went through the car wash today with only two drops of water on the inside of the driver side window, still getting some water on the passenger side seat, but it doesn't happen in the car wash and takes about a minute after I park pointing up hill.

Hemi Dude,

Good to see your smiling face back on the forum.

My project this month is to make the soft top water tight and I’m getting close. Went through the car wash today with only two drops of water on the inside of the driver side window, still getting some water on the passenger side seat, but it doesn't happen in the car wash and takes about a minute after I park pointing up hill.

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IF IT DIDN'T LEAK, IT WOULD NOT BE A CONVERTIBLE? :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

I thought you TC owners might be interested in a discussion on the Buick Reatta site. Here is the link http://forums.aaca.org/f116/brake-accumulator-alternatives-385986-5.html

There has been lots of "guessing" involved in what fits and with more people interested, we may get more answers.

Guest Kingsley
I thought you TC owners might be interested in a discussion on the Buick Reatta site. Here is the link http://forums.aaca.org/f116/brake-accumulator-alternatives-385986-5.html

There has been lots of "guessing" involved in what fits and with more people interested, we may get more answers.

Barney's refererence above is right on point and the discussions points out two new suppliers of accumulator replacements for the TEVES Mark II ABS units utllized so widely by the industry in the late '80s.

Kingsley

Guest Kingsley
Hey Hemi,

If you know who makes the larger diameter ball you could make a lot of old Ford T Bird and SC owners who are using the smaller diameter Delco unit in place of the larger Ford origional size accumulator plenty happy.

The Amazon lower priced "made by other manufacturer for Delco to Delco specs" came in a Delco box. They are pictured side by side on the work bench under the light, same dimensions from top of the allen socket to tip of threaded fitting. If it weren't for the difference in warning label and logol marking you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other. Maybe some of the others made by other manufacturers are slightly different in size, but the one I got is identical to the one it replaced.

The Reatta Forum has had a lot of activity recently on the discussion of replacements for the accumulator used on the TEVES Mark II ABS units in the TC, the Buick Reatta and quite of number of GM, Ford and Chrysler cars the the late '80s and early '90s.

A recent post on the Reatta forum brought out a replacement for the ABS accumulator offered by Spinningwheels-sc.com in Morriston, Florida, who specialize in parts for the Thunderbird SC's.

Details of the HYDAC accumulator offered by Spinningwheels-sc are fully outlined in the Reatta AACA forum outlined detail in Barney Eaton's post below.

Kingsley

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kingsley
Hey Hemi,

Perhaps this will work itself down to the Ford T-Bird and SC owners - the HYDAC accumulator is the one you are looking for. It is sold by Spinningwheels-SC.com and is listed on their website for $135.00.

The HYDAC accumulaor is also being used on the Buick Reattas - 1988/1991 which are equipped with the TEVES Mark II ABS unit. Spinningwheels has been selling this HYDAC unit for about five years now with no problems whatsoever and this speaks well of their quality. The unit is made in Germany and is precharged to 1000P SI with a max working pressure of 3000 PSI. It has a volume of 20 cubic inches which is slightly larger than the OE unit on the TEVES Mark II and which was aftermarket sold as the Delco unit 25528382. Delco is seemingly not offering the part now and this has created substantial interest in alternative units.

Just as soon as we discovered he HYDAC unit we purchased one and it was installed on a daily driver. Performs as well as the OE and the Delco unit and possibly a bit better. The owner of the daily driver (not me) is quite pleased with the performance.

I am aware that Spinningwheels-SC is currently out of stock but I am advised that names can be placed on the waiting list and no payment is due until the part is shipped.

Previous threads and posts on this Forum have mentioned the WABCO part STC 2784 as being compatible with the TC TEVES Mark II units. Has anyone actually tested this accumulator on a TC? From the specs that I see it should work well but just wondering if it has actually been used on a TC.

Thanks.

Kingsley Baker

ReattaSpecialtyParts.com

Perhaps this will work itself down to the Ford T-Bird and SC owners - the HYDAC accumulator is the one you are looking for. It is sold by Spinningwheels-SC.com and is listed on their website for $135.00.

The HYDAC accumulaor is also being used on the Buick Reattas - 1988/1991 which are equipped with the TEVES Mark II ABS unit. Spinningwheels has been selling this HYDAC unit for about five years now with no problems whatsoever and this speaks well of their quality. The unit is made in Germany and is precharged to 1000P SI with a max working pressure of 3000 PSI. It has a volume of 20 cubic inches which is slightly larger than the OE unit on the TEVES Mark II and which was aftermarket sold as the Delco unit 25528382. Delco is seemingly not offering the part now and this has created substantial interest in alternative units.

Just as soon as we discovered he HYDAC unit we purchased one and it was installed on a daily driver. Performs as well as the OE and the Delco unit and possibly a bit better. The owner of the daily driver (not me) is quite pleased with the performance.

I am aware that Spinningwheels-SC is currently out of stock but I am advised that names can be placed on the waiting list and no payment is due until the part is shipped.

Previous threads and posts on this Forum have mentioned the WABCO part STC 2784 as being compatible with the TC TEVES Mark II units. Has anyone actually tested this accumulator on a TC? From the specs that I see it should work well but just wondering if it has actually been used on a TC.

Thanks.

Kingsley Baker

ReattaSpecialtyParts.com

Don't know if anyone has tried this WABCO on a TC, but it works on a Lincoln MK that uses the same part as the T-Bird,